Need advice: HR Diploma in Polytechnic

I am not a fan of hr related profession. Do you think hr will fight for your rights? What if you got conflicts with your manager where your manager is at fault. Do you think your hr will supoort you? What if you are in hr position where your boss task you to fire or terminate senior or good hard working employees due to organisational restructuring?
What is hr ethical conduct? I would imagine people whom work in hr role has personality problems............

Ethics ? What ethics ? Here $$$ rulez :bsmilie:

I am not a fan of hr related profession. Do you think hr will fight for your rights? What if you got conflicts with your manager where your manager is at fault. Do you think your hr will supoort you? What if you are in hr position where your boss task you to fire or terminate senior or good hard working employees due to organisational restructuring?
What is hr ethical conduct? I would imagine people whom work in hr role has personality problems............

this has nothing to do with Ethics. don't tell me that just because you're a good worker, doesn't mean that when your role becomes redundant, they'll just keep you on payroll just because you're loyal.

Heart pain when the company retrench/down size/restructure etc.

And HR are usually the last ones to be asked to go. Someone got to switch off and lock up the door.

Hi, my teenage daughter is thinking of applying for the Diploma in Human Resource Management with Psychology

My previous CEO has a 1st class honours in Engineering, MBA and Doctorate in Psychology. So maybe the skill to read minds put her at an advantage.

Last edited:
I guess there are many jobs there with goods prospect...example photographer...highly respected.

One "highly respected" wedding photographer in Singapore went to jail because he fondled a bride's breasts when he was alone with her.

Hopefully he would regain his high respect after coming out of the jail.

He now shoots weddings with a hand tied behind his back for the sake of the bride's safety and his own good and freedom. :bsmilie:

A HR's job is to protect his/her own job but not yours. :bsmilie:

this has nothing to do with Ethics. don't tell me that just because you're a good worker, doesn't mean that when your role becomes redundant, they'll just keep you on payroll just because you're loyal.

To treat employees just like numbers is unethical. So do you think the employee should take reciprocal approach and treat the company like cash cow ? And jump whenever there's a better chance?

To treat employees just like numbers is unethical. So do you think the employee should take reciprocal approach and treat the company like cash cow ? And jump whenever there's a better chance?

Most companies don't do that. They've come to realize that they need to groom people and train them for lower staff turnover rates.

But when there's a retrenchment, they definitely have to identify who're the ones contributing little or none. It's not easy.

As for me, i think that Starbucks is good. Been here for years.

Most companies don't do that. They've come to realize that they need to groom people and train them for lower staff turnover rates.

But when there's a retrenchment, they definitely have to identify who're the ones contributing little or none. It's not easy.

As for me, i think that Starbucks is good. Been here for years.

Any vacancy ? :bsmilie:

HR is just another profession, like accounting or marketing, don't really see why you're asking if its good for girls? I have seen many guys doing HR too.

HR is just another profession, like accounting or marketing, don't really see why you're asking if its good for girls? I have seen many guys doing HR too.

An example of poor HR is flogging a dead horse

Post deleted.

Last edited: