Need advice.....Hand carry luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathstar

Jun 17, 2008
West End Boy
Hi guys,

I'm going away this Friday. Just wondering if I will be allowed to carry onboard a small haversack and my Stealth Reporter D400AW?

Advice please.....thanks! :)

my recent experience was that I had to check in my tripod. No hand carry.

my recent experience was that I had to check in my tripod. No hand carry.

I'm checking in my tripod too.

I can't put my other stuff like warm clothing and other necessities in my camera bag.

Hi guys,

I'm going away this Friday. Just wondering if I will be allowed to carry onboard a small haversack and my Stealth Reporter D400AW?

Advice please.....thanks! :)

No problem one lah..... but tripod check it in. Think this can be used as a weapon..... so its a no-no......

When I went to HK last Nov I hand carried my camera bag and my tripod, which was in a bag. I did check-in my normal luggage though.

It's going to be tricky carrying on two full-sized bags; by right it's only one bag and a small item.

When I went to HK last Nov I hand carried my camera bag and my tripod, which was in a bag. I did check-in my normal luggage though.

It's going to be tricky carrying on two full-sized bags; by right it's only one bag and a small item.
not unless you are on PPS club...

No problem one lah..... but tripod check it in. Think this can be used as a weapon..... so its a no-no......

hi all, i just did a shoot in cambodia in early february. took silkair.. unless things have changed since then, you don't need to check in your tripod. i hand carried my tripod with my fastpack250. cheers!

Have you considered using a monopod?
I went to Thailand once with my monopod and used it like a walking stick and I had no porblems at all boarding the plane. And when I went on tours in Thailand people were so nice and even helped me to board the boats when touring the canals in Bangkok and it was quite fun.

I noticed that Changi Airport checks if your hand luggage is < 7kg. I don't know if this is now standard practice or if it was a once off. Anyone experience problems carrying lots of gear through airports? What about other airports? I think its easy to cross that limit especially if you have 2 cameras a couple of lenses and other stuff or are trying to carry a heavy telephoto like a 500mm or 400mm. How do you solve it? Do you check in the telephoto?

I don't think they are very strict about the carry on luggage weight. Whatever the case, as long as you don't look like you're struggling with the load in your bag, chances are no one will stop you.

Recently, I hand carried the new SAF field pack, with tripod stuffed in the side pocket, plus a FastPack200 on a Cathay Pacific flight to Narita. So you can imagine how bulging it looked like. But since it was only 13 kg, there was no problem.

i went on SQ to japan recently too. didn't have to check in my tripod. but on the way back, narita airport wanted me to check in my tripod because it was 62cm when not extended. (60cm was the limit) i took out the centre column and ballhead, and made it past the checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.