Need advice: Going bangkok with film cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It would be best for you to hand carry all your photography equipment and dun chk them in. Most of the X-Ray now are film safe, but I do not know about Bangkok side.

My experience in July when coming back from Japan is that they required me to check-in my tripod, they consider it as too long in length and classified it as dangerous items :what: . When I don't even have problem bringing it in.

sunny30 said:
Hi,

It would be best for you to hand carry all your photography equipment and dun chk them in. Most of the X-Ray now are film safe, but I do not know about Bangkok side.

My experience in July when coming back from Japan is that they required me to check-in my tripod, they consider it as too long in length and classified it as dangerous items :what: . When I don't even have problem bringing it in.

Hey Sunny, you look like terrorrit ah??? :bsmilie:

Anyway if not china den not so bad. the policeman in china dun even know what infrared film!!! insist on opening the cannister!!! :angry:

After 911, many airports have tuned up the sensitivity of the X-ray scanners. So you may want to watch it if you are carrying high-speed film especially with those machines that says "Film safe up to ISO1600".
I sent my film thru one of those scanners and got back weird dots and grains on my ISO 1600 film. :p

andylee said:
Hey Sunny, you look like terrorrit ah??? :bsmilie:

ya man......... : (maybe they think the tripod like something 007 is using, can turn into machine gun and hijack the plane..... :what: some people even said I sometimes look like serial killer..... :dunno:

alvin said:
Hi!
My first time bringing a film cam out of Singapore. Any precautions I should take with the camera and film at the airport? Thanks!

Regards,
Alvin

Bangkok.....one of the best place for temple photography......
can try visit these temples...very nice:-
1) the grand palace
2) wat pho......huge sleeping buddha.
3) wat Inn......huge standing buddha/monk.
4) wat suhat or the golden mountain......nice for night photogtaphy.

but be carefull one thing....some buddha image are not allow for photography...do check it out before you snap or else they will take away your film. enjoy your holiday. :thumbsup:

one thing i know
1) grand palace (except the inner hall of emerald buddha)
2) wat pho
free to take photos as much as you can
btw jesser wheres the wat inn you referring to?

chengsing said:
one thing i know
1) grand palace (except the inner hall of emerald buddha)
2) wat pho
free to take photos as much as you can
btw jesser wheres the wat inn you referring to?

is wat indravihara......about 20min tuk tuk ride from Alowan, the 4 faces buddha.
http://www.bangkoksite.com/temples/WatIndra.htm

had made a number of trips up to bangkok but still unable to visits all their temples there. now saving up to go chiang mai...may be next year... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.