Need advice for CF card reader

gpdarkviper

Oct 11, 2012
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this question has been ask here, is there any recommended dedicated CF card reader that is more reliable than those cheap ones. As the Multi card reader that I was using before can't read the CF card from my DSLR.

I also don't want to spoil the CF card that's why I need a reliable reader. Thanks in advance for the help guys :)

Cheers.

The sandisk one.

It's what pops up in every search result. Don't apologize, search first next time. Apologizing first does not excuse you from ignoring the terms of use.

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this question has been ask here, is there any recommended dedicated CF card reader that is more reliable than those cheap ones. As the Multi card reader that I was using before can't read the CF card from my DSLR.

I also don't want to spoil the CF card that's why I need a reliable reader. Thanks in advance for the help guys :)

Cheers.

Have been using this USB 2.0 card reader for a very very long time.
Kingston-19In1-Media-Memory-Card-Reader-19-In-1-USB-2-0.jpg

During Comex, i believe it sold for $11.90 a piece. The largest CF card i use is 64GB so the transfer speed is still good enough for me.

Reactions: The Moving Chair
Some cameras have a mini-USB port which can connect directly to the PC and make the camera a really, really expensive card reader. But it works.

I'm using above shown Kingston as well. Works like a charm for many years. Transfer speed is fine, since I import straight into LR with DNG conversion the transfer speed is less relevant, the process of conversion and preview generation takes more time anyway.

I believe you can hook up most cameras straight to your PC, if you urgently need to transfer any files.

If not, lots of folks favor Sandisk card readers. I use a generic one and that works fine too. It depends on what you want lor.

Been using transcend and buffalo ones. So far so good.