Need advice for camera problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkSide

Dec 7, 2007
I have been cleaning my D40 evertime after use and i have always keep in the drybox (unless oversea). I bought it during dec and this few weeks i realise there is a spot!!
I try to clean it bt cant. Is it moulding?

DSC_0119.jpg

is it the same spot all the time? it might be on ur lens. check out lens front and back, camera sensor. if still cannot then.. hmm.. send to nikon?

is it the same spot all the time? it might be on ur lens. check out lens front and back, camera sensor. if still cannot then.. hmm.. send to nikon?

ya its e same spot all the time.. hmm..i hav nvr touch e camera sensor.is it safe to open it? Have try to clean the lense too, same problem..

relax,la... dude

will u feel better if we tell you our cameras have more 'spots' than you ? :)

it wont affect u optically that much ...so keep shooting

I know stupid question, but have you tried more den 1 lens?

this is probably sensor dust, you will only get it at small apertures

this has been discussed before, do a search in clubsnap.. it's in fact, been discussed to death

also, there are many useful sites on the internet, just use "sensor dust" as search parameter and you can find out more

yeah looks like sensor dust. can be cleaned easily. use the mirror lock up function and try using a blower on the sensor.

yeah looks like sensor dust. can be cleaned easily. use the mirror lock up function and try using a blower on the sensor.

I m using a nikon D40. Don't have that lock up function right?

what aperture setting did you use? if its above f8, very probable it's sensor dust. just a quick blow will do.

what aperture setting did you use? if its above f8, very probable it's sensor dust. just a quick blow will do.

hmm..i done a lot quick blow inside bt still cant get it work. hw do i do it since D40 do not have a mirror lock function?

Can you lift the mirror manually?

i got a friend who told me nv to manually lift and clean the mirror inside as ther will be more dust. i m wondering is there any better way for D40?

Can you lift the mirror manually?

u still cant see the sensor... the shutter is still closed...

remove the lens, turn camera to manual mode, set shutter speed to 30sec and click the shutter... then u can see the sensor and attempt to clean it by blowing into it (with a blower of cos lol)

b4 u try that, u can try taking out the lens and look thru the lens frm both sides (frm the front and frm the back) against a bright background (eg, sky, lights, etc) to check for spots and mould internally. if u cant spot any, it could be sensor dust.

:bsmilie: i only tried on one len

and i really cant stand this. :bsmilie:
singular - Lens
plural - Lenses
thank you.. :bsmilie:

I have been cleaning my D40 evertime after use and i have always keep in the drybox (unless oversea). I bought it during dec and this few weeks i realise there is a spot!!
I try to clean it bt cant. Is it moulding?

DSC_0119.jpg

put a fresh battery in your camera, turn it on, select mirror lock up from the setup menu.

take off the lens, face the lens mount downwards and use a blower to blast the sensor a couple of times.

put back lens and turn off camera.

Thanks bro! Finally got it solved! But will opening the mirror cause more dust to go in?

Thanks bro! Finally got it solved! But will opening the mirror cause more dust to go in?

no but make sure battery is always full when u do this and use a good blower in a room without wind blowing. blow n check. repeat a few times if necessary.

A white knight that knows the secrets of the dark side - I am IMPRESSED! :cool:

Is RTM the same as RTFM? I've only seen RTFM leh.

TS, it's probably sensor dust. When you do what Flip suggested, just do it quickly as in don't haggay here haggay there.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.