Need Advice: Digi Cabi Professional DHC100

raydio

Jun 25, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I have a Digi Cabi Professional DHC100. I bought it several months ago and have been very happy with it. It has enough room to store all my camera equipment.

I will be leaving Singapore shortly to take on a new project in Canada. I plan to take my Digi Cabi unit with me even though humidity levels in Canada are not as high as they are here. However, the only thing stopping me from taking the dry box to Canada is the different voltage used there.

I have e-mailed the same question to Digi Cabi several days ago but I have not received a reply from them. Has anyone got any experience or knowledge in this area? Am I safe to take the dry box to Canada?.... or should I sell it before I leave? :(

its just a case of different plug right?

the voltage should be acceptable ba.. you check the plug of the dry cab, or the part near the cable should have say like whats the acceptable voltage range.. like usually have a range 100~240V or something like that..

then check the voltage output for CAnada.. they should be in the same range.. if the dry cab range can't accept the output from CAnada power socket then just sell in BnS lor... ;)

Canada uses 110VAC/60Hz, same as USA. SG uses 230VAC/50Hz.

So you need to find out the usable input power voltage for your DHC100. If it's 110-230 50/60Hz, you're safe. Just need to get the suitable power plug converter. If your DHC100 can only take 230VAC, you'll need a AC transformer/converter as well.

Some electrical appliances have a switch to select 110V or 230V input. I believe you can check out your DHC100's user manual for specifications.

Thanks for your input. :)

I've taken your advice and checked the user manual. There is no mention of voltage requirements in the user manual. The only thing that it provides is the power consumption in watts for all their models. My unit consumes 4 watts.

I've also checked the back of the unit where the plug comes from and again nothing. I've also checked the inside of the dry box where the humidity box is attached. Surprisingly, no markings or writing what-so-ever, just like the back of the unit!

So I'm back to square one wondering if I should sell or keep the unit. :dunno:

I would rather keep it as it is very convenient to store my equipment.

Thanks for your input. :)

I've taken your advice and checked the user manual. There is no mention of voltage requirements in the user manual. The only thing that it provides is the power consumption in watts for all their models. My unit consumes 4 watts.

I've also checked the back of the unit where the plug comes from and again nothing. I've also checked the inside of the dry box where the humidity box is attached. Surprisingly, no markings or writing what-so-ever, just like the back of the unit!

So I'm back to square one wondering if I should sell or keep the unit. :dunno:

I would rather keep it as it is very convenient to store my equipment.

hmmm funny dont' have.. its usually on most appliance the plug there or the adapter there..

maybe you can check the specs sheet which came with it.. or call the service center ask..

hmmm funny dont' have.. its usually on most appliance the plug there or the adapter there..

maybe you can check the specs sheet which came with it.. or call the service center ask..

I think that it is strange too.... no markings or writing on the dry cabinet what-so-ever (inside or outside). Also, no spec sheet ever came with it.... only a user manual and a warranty card. I shall call them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for your help.

I think you should sell it. The cost of shipping such a large cabinet over can't be cheap.

I contacted DigiCabi and they said that the DHC100 model comes with dual voltage built in. So no problem with that. However, they said that they would highly discourage transporting the item as the possibility of breakage is very high.

I contacted DigiCabi and they said that the DHC100 model comes with dual voltage built in. So no problem with that. However, they said that they would highly discourage transporting the item as the possibility of breakage is very high.

Mothballed your dry cabient in Singapore. Put 2 thirsty hippo in it and close the door. Don't transport it cos a slight bang will cause alignment problem and moisture will leech into the cabinet. Canada is so dry that you don't need another dry cabinet there. :cool: