Need advice : dark area on photo (circular polarizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun4all

Oct 13, 2008
Singapore
Hi,

I need some advice. I took this photo with a circular polarizer and found that there is dark area on the top left section. Any advice?

Thanks very much.

Sky7.jpg

Thanks for the comment. Yes, I turned the CP. I turned and looked from the view finder until it looks even. However, the result is not so. I used it to remove reflection from water and it's obvious on view finder when it's the right rotation. Can you advice any technique or how to judge from the view finder for sky shoot?

The polarisation is most obvious and noticeable at an angle of 90 deg from the sun.

For wide angle lenses especially anything wider than 28mm ( on a 35mm format ), the risk of uneven polarisation kicks in. Of course if you are using it for some particular effect there is no stopping.

E.g

n555885435_1337002_342.jpg

Ryan

Aiya Esther that actually a newb take, my first trip overseas after i bought my then spanking new D80.

I blundered a few shots taken wide with a CPL because of overzelous use causing uneven polarisation. Actually it is not too easy to see through the viewfinder how uneven it gets ( and I was too lazy to check the camera LCD ) . Nowadays i usually use it on the less wide focal lengths when I want to polarise the skies.

Ryan

The polarisation is most obvious and noticeable at an angle of 90 deg from the sun.

For wide angle lenses especially anything wider than 28mm ( on a 35mm format ), the risk of uneven polarisation kicks in. Of course if you are using it for some particular effect there is no stopping.

E.g

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I will take note of it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.