Need advice before purchasing new cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulz86

Oct 5, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi All,

need advice which of the current model (nikon or canon) is more suitable for me, i'm more into nature landscape and macro photography. i'm not new to photography, but my skill is totally crap haha.. willing to invest in a good cam and use it all the way till im good enough for anything further.

Any advices pls? THANKS!~

Yes, read the forum please :) (including sticky threads, Newbie guides and forum FAQ & rules).

Read the stickies and newbies guide. Do a search for similar threads, you'll get many results. Also, THINK FOR YOURSELF. do not expect to be spoonfed or given a lecture in class where you're told what camera to buy. Go out, try all the available models from all manufacturers and get the one that feels best in your hand, that you can configure and change the settings on intuitively.

But, here's a quick tip for you: ANY DSLR (whether made by Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax or Olympus) will suit your needs. All you need is a good wide lens (the kit lenses, which are 18mm at widest, are usually good enough for landscape) as well as a macro lens. All of these can be found for all systems.

hi,
the cam body will get outdated in 1-2 years. there are more pixel-packed and feature packed bodies coming out now and then..
better lens give better pics generally..
there are plenty of affordable and very-good Canon lenses:thumbsup: for your future selection..
just my 2 cents..:)

there are plenty of affordable and very-good Canon lenses:thumbsup:)

There are alot of affordable and very good nikon/sony/pentax/four third lenses as well.

To TS - most of the major camera brands have great lens selection, you will not go wrong with either. Just go down to the camera and have a feel of the system you are looking at.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.