Need abit of help with soldering a cable release

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me do this for a small fee.
I have this cable release
MY645AFCR5.jpg

I'm looking to add a Miniphone attachment either by replacing the whole section with the white release button, or by creating a secondary wire attachment with a Miniphone branching out of the wire while still maintaining the section with the white release button

Basically I want to create something like this for the first option
PWMAFM3.JPG

Does anyone know someone who can do this or can someone recommend a place that can do something like this? (I'm thinking one of those electronics places like Sim Lim tower or Sim Lim Square?)

any recommendations will be appreciated, thanks

Are you saying you want one end with the white release button and the other end of the cable with a mini phone jack?

If the above is something you wanted, you need to know how many wires are there in the cable so as to decide which type of phone jack (mono or stereo or) to purchase. If you are not sure, you can show me the whole cable system. My guess there are 2 wires in the cable, if so you need to look for the mono jack.

Go to SL Tower to look for the mini phone jack, there are many stores selling this kind of jack. Last but not least, I can help you to solder it.

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me do this for a small fee.
I have this cable release
MY645AFCR5.jpg

I'm looking to add a Miniphone attachment either by replacing the whole section with the white release button, or by creating a secondary wire attachment with a Miniphone branching out of the wire while still maintaining the section with the white release button

Basically I want to create something like this for the first option
PWMAFM3.JPG

Does anyone know someone who can do this or can someone recommend a place that can do something like this? (I'm thinking one of those electronics places like Sim Lim tower or Sim Lim Square?)

any recommendations will be appreciated, thanks

i got a spare 1... hehe... not so pro looking of course... later i take a pic show u...

Are you saying you want one end with the white release button and the other end of the cable with a mini phone jack?

If the above is something you wanted, you need to know how many wires are there in the cable so as to decide which type of phone jack (mono or stereo or) to purchase. If you are not sure, you can show me the whole cable system. My guess there are 2 wires in the cable, if so you need to look for the mono jack.

Go to SL Tower to look for the mini phone jack, there are many stores selling this kind of jack. Last but not least, I can help you to solder it.

actually I meant one end with the mini phone jack and the other end with the special jack in the image. In other words I want to replace the end with the white release button.

Stereo should work right? I'll go check....
If you can do it I can pay you a small fee for the service...

Status
Not open for further replies.