Need a value for money compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyham

Nov 4, 2003
Need to get a compact soon. Size is not really a consideration and hence no need for a slim cam. Can anybody give some recommendations on a cheap and good one?
Shortlisted some of them
1. Lumix LZ2
2. Coolpix 7900
3. Fuji f10 (don't really like xd)
4. Ixus 55
5. Powershot A610?

Like to keep the budget around +/- 600.
Any tots are most welcome. Will be taking mostly indoor shots.
Thanks.

F10. since you are taking mostly indoor shots. The clean high ISO of the F10 will exceed your needs. What's wrong with xD?

2nd choice will be the powershot A610

i hv a lot of CFs and SDs lying ard. dont wish to build up another set of xd cards if i dont hv to.

The Lumix LZ-2 sounds good too as it has a 6x optical zoom and a 4x digital zoom, making a total of 24x zoom if you ever need it.

The other choice would be the Canon A610.

One question I have is: Are the type of battery used important to you? Do you want AA batteries or the Lithium Ions?

i m indifferent to batteries.

"6X optical" indoors isn't very useful. At the longest tele end, you probably need a tripod to have steady and sharp shots.

Why would you have many CF and SDs lying around? You can always buy a xD to CF converter and use as a CF in future if you want. The storage medium might cause a small logistics problem (if it is a problem at all to you) but i feel it shouldn't hinder you from getting a good performance camera to get some nice pictures.

i agree with yewkay. the review and comments fr F10 users are generally. One of the best PnS in low light. Most PnS produce super grainy pics at higher ISO but Fuji did a great job in the NR of F10. It is a camera worth buying.

ok will definitely give f10 a look.

A610. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.