need a little guidance on flash triggers

GlenWXQ

Oct 17, 2010
Hi all,

i recently bought a yongnuo 565 (ex580 equiv), and would like to trigger it off camera. I also bought a infrared flash trigger from a fellow cser, although i realised that the receiver uses a 3.5mm jack which the 565 dosnt have a port for. Is there any adapter available that could allow the 3.5mm to be put into the pc port on the flashgun? searching ebay google or CS didnt really help (maybe cus i dont really know the exact name of the ports)

thanks!

Hi all,

i recently bought a yongnuo 565 (ex580 equiv), and would like to trigger it off camera. I also bought a infrared flash trigger from a fellow cser, although i realised that the receiver uses a 3.5mm jack which the 565 dosnt have a port for. Is there any adapter available that could allow the 3.5mm to be put into the pc port on the flashgun? searching ebay google or CS didnt really help (maybe cus i dont really know the exact name of the ports)

thanks!

wait, what trigger and receiver you are using? pictures or the make and model?

i got this one JINBEI TR-D4 4 Channels Digital Flash Trigger Kit [111-12536] - US$29.99 - China Wholesale - Seaben.com, but the guy didnt have the additional wires as seen in the pics, just the transmitter with the hotshoe mount and the receiver with a 3.5mm jack that cant be removed

have you tried triggering your flash without plugging in the jacks? first time see such triggers :S

have you tried triggering your flash without plugging in the jacks? first time see such triggers :S

this comes with the Jinbei studio strobes i threw mine away cos i have pw.

that's why the jack is like that. there is an adapter for the studio strobe jack which connects to the 3.5 mm jack.

TS u should have researched a lil more before buying the triggers, hope u didnt pay much for it.

this comes with the Jinbei studio strobes i threw mine away cos i have pw.

that's why the jack is like that. there is an adapter for the studio strobe jack which connects to the 3.5 mm jack.

TS u should have researched a lil more before buying the triggers, hope u didnt pay much for it.

ohh okay.. studio strobes.. no wonder it doesn't look like flash triggers ;p

These are triggers meant for studio strobes la... not for speedlites.

I have a bunch of them, and they are very very cheap...

Last edited:
Ah Icic, nope didn't pay too much for them. Guess I'll leave it for next time when I do get a strobe lol. Anyway so what kind of flash triggers do you recommend? My budget isn't very high so I think those pocketwizards are out of the qn lol

Ah Icic, nope didn't pay too much for them. Guess I'll leave it for next time when I do get a strobe lol. Anyway so what kind of flash triggers do you recommend? My budget isn't very high so I think those pocketwizards are out of the qn lol
please help yourself.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/general-tech-talk/1142609-wireless-triggers-alternatives.html

none Canon specific question,
Thread moved.