Need a Guide from Photographer

JasonB

Deregistered
Jun 2, 2009
Any Pro to tag along
No.

When amatuer photogs apprentice for professionals, it's to learn the business, not photography. Very often these amatuers are already very accomplished and experienced photogs already.

Newbie who knows nothing, are better off with group learning at those outings. And make some friends.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
If you really want a "pro" to guide you, how much are you willing to pay?

Otherwise, why should a pro invest his time for free to train his own competition?

You are trying to run before you can even walk. Learn the basics first, otherwise you will just flop and never get anywhere.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
I am very interested in photography and I need somebody to tag along so that I can experience and learn
Why can't you experience alone? It sounds as if you expect somebody to spoonfeed you. If you are interested then express this by making yourself familiar with the topic. Read here, plenty of sticky threads. Your library has centners of books about the topic. If you want dedicated sessions then book a photography course.

area0404

Nov 10, 2011
Personal experience as a noob.
1. Go get your gear first (without practice, theory is useless).
2. Read your manual (knowing your equipment's pro and con is REALLY important).
3. Read a lot of books on basic theories to photography (color, composition, lighting, etc. the fundamentals). Or read a lot of guides online (one place you can start from is here: Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials or clubsnap itself).
4. Shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot.

That should occupy you for about 6 months to a year+ or even a few years. See, don't need any guide at all. Even if you hook up a pro right now, he/she will probably get irritated by your lack of basic knowledge REALLY fast. So get some knowledge on the basics first? And maybe some outings? Anyway that's how I started (I'm still at step 4 so can't advice you any further than that).

donut88

Nov 14, 2008
Gordyboy said:
I am very interested in photography and I need somebody to tag along so that I can experience and learn
Some ppl that they are still in school where it provides classroom and tutorials.

Lol

xersion

Oct 30, 2011
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
go shoot on ur own first, learn the basics of your camera

take more photos with different settings and post your questions in CS if your shy to join outings

kklee

Aug 13, 2004
I would think a good way is to follow 1 magazine series for 1 or 2 years which will probably cover most of the genres.
The articles and critiques are done by professionals.
The only setback are the magazines are overseas and you'll need to find your own location for practice locally !
Read more before attend courses so that you can ask more questions !

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
There is a Pentaxian Outing today starting from 1pm, but you can join it at a later time (call the organizer - HP# in the thread)
All brands are welcome, and its a friendly bunch, you can certainly pick up some tips there.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/pent...-photo-@-chinatown-sunset-@-mbs-jan-14-a.html
Not good enough for him (by his own words). He wants a pro to hold his hand and give him free training.

trd2970

Jun 8, 2005
suggest to start taking courses e.g. from community club or safra.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Any Pro to tag along
Why you need to learn from a pro about business aspect of photography and the advance skills?

it will not justify their time and efforts when you have no foundation to begin with.

why do just join any outings, make some new friends and learn along the way?

Here you go....... Gatherings and Outings

Aug 6, 2004
Sg
Give him a break lah, prob his post got cut off, just left out few words.. Let him have a chance to reply lor..:)

"I am very interested in photography and I need somebody FOR ME to tag along so that I can experience and learn, MOST WILLING TO PAY VERY HANDSOMELY.."

Top Bottom