Need a good recommendation for a good photography lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfecto

Sep 19, 2009
Looking for a crash course to learn those tips and tricks but not sure whether jump into these "paid for courses" as i have heard from others that its a waste of time and $$$ and that the best way to learn is to keep taking more pictures and learn by trial and error!

the other camps tell me there are some expert tips that will be valuable.

should i go for one of these and if so, any good ones to recommend?

Looking for a crash course to learn those tips and tricks but not sure whether jump into these "paid for courses" as i have heard from others that its a waste of time and $$$ and that the best way to learn is to keep taking more pictures and learn by trial and error!

juz go for those outing organised by groups, there will definitely experts to give u pointers for FREE. haa

Why not just join the workshops on CS? We even have a whole category for "Workshops, Tutorials and Classes".

For me, I didn't attend a course. I learned by trial and error and just reading a bit about composition.

Hi, welcome to CS:) Please don't take a crash course in photography. You'll crash out in no time. Go read up as much as you can or attend a complete course or join outings as mentioned by bruno84sg. Yes, you can learn by trial & error like Rashkae did, but if there's no 1 to guide you, you'll get no where. Photography has a steep learning curve. Do it step by step & you'll find how rewarding it is. ;)

It all depends on where you are currently standing in the learning curve of photography?

Qn 1.How many, sunrise2sunsets or moons or revolution of the earth around the Sun, have U been using a SLR/DSLR?
Qn 2. Do you understand the different relationships btn Aperture/Shutter/ISO? How to achieve the MAX SS or SLOWest SS using the diff setting?
Qn 3. Do you know how/when to selectively use the PASM mode for diff photography situations?
Qn 4. Do you know how to/what is panning, low light photography, Bokeh, Flash system, etc,etc.

There are 4 stages to learning;
Stage 0 Unconscious Incompetent - You dun know that You dun know
Stage 1 Conscious Incompetent - You know that You dun know - Blur like sotong
Stage 2 Conscious Competent - You know that You know very little & start learning by T&E (this is where you :think: to go Photography classes)
Stage 3 UnConscious Competent - You are a Pro so Just Do It.

So where are you?:devil:

i would advice you to borrow books from library, surf the net, and take more pictures.

what kind of tips and tricks are you looking at? most of them you can find them on CS or other websites. just use google. CS has served me well in learning photography, i'm sure it will be the same for you too.

at the fundamental, amateur level, i won't sign up for courses unless its free. most of the stuff you should be able to learn from the internet. you should take a look at their course structure first, of coz. this is just my personal opinion. :)

@DrSpock - I think i am somewhere between stage 0-1 by your definition!

But the biggest problem is... that i am going for a holiday trips in mid dec planned with breath taking scenic landscapes. and i want to make sure i am more competent in taking these landscape photos

thats why im harburing the thought of these crash courses...

But the biggest problem is... that i am going for a holiday trips in mid dec planned with breath taking scenic landscapes. and i want to make sure i am more competent in taking these landscape photos

program mode is around...

if you want to learn more read up and experiment... no one is going to spoon feed you information...
thats how i learnt everything i have so far..

OK bro, U need a lot of work to do:sweatsm:

Too little time but here're my suggestions anyway;

Go sign up for one of those 'Basic Classes' to get the basics right after your holiday. There are many to choose from here (I attended both Basic & Proficiency classes by Knowledge Bowl but b4 that I T&E for half yr)

For your holiday go for this if you want or call any other see if got anything for you b4 mid Dec.

From now till then go outing as many as possible either in groups or yourself, read as much as you can lor, what to do:dunno:

Good luck to you:devil:

very useful!. thanks!

OK bro, U need a lot of work to do:sweatsm:

Too little time but here're my suggestions anyway;

Go sign up for one of those 'Basic Classes' to get the basics right after your holiday. There are many to choose from here (I attended both Basic & Proficiency classes by Knowledge Bowl but b4 that I T&E for half yr)

For your holiday go for this if you want or call any other see if got anything for you b4 mid Dec.

From now till then go outing as many as possible either in groups or yourself, read as much as you can lor, what to do:dunno:

Good luck to you:devil:

Easiest crash course for you holiday shoot > shoot in Auto mode all the way. Come back then consider signing up a course. Better to come back with some decent photos then wasting your time figuring out what mode to use while you are on holiday. Sometimes by the time you adjust, your subject is already gone. Unless you are having a 1 week holiday in a cave and your only suject are bats. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.