Need a good lightweight tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Apr 14, 2003
Sengkang
Hi all,
I have been using a Manfrotto tripod for the past year and sometimes find that the weight (around 2kg) is too much for me to bear, especially when I bring it overseas. As such, I need your advice now that I am looking for a lightweight tripod.
The tripod must be at least able to withstand 2.5kg (10D w/grip + Tamron 180mm) and I have a budget of around $300.
Thanks.
:)

Damien said:
Hi all,
I have been using a Manfrotto tripod for the past year and sometimes find that the weight (around 2kg) is too much for me to bear, especially when I bring it overseas. As such, I need your advice now that I am looking for a lightweight tripod.
The tripod must be at least able to withstand 2.5kg (10D w/grip + Tamron 180mm) and I have a budget of around $300.
Thanks.
:)
Carbon Fiber!!!! :cheergal:

Ai ya, didn't see the budget... It sounds like you have the Manfrotto 190ProB?

Look at SLIK? Some SLIK tripod owners may give you some help!

Regards,
Nick

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
since he have 300 to spare... i think mayb a CF giottos (if CP have) or CF gitzo (if got extra budget to spare)
CF giottos is heavy. 2.5 kg. due to the full metal centerpiece

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
since he have 300 to spare... i think mayb a CF giottos (if CP have) or CF gitzo (if got extra budget to spare)

Any idea how much the gitzo cost and where can I find them??
I dun mind upping my budget for a lifetime investment, but I would like to be rationale too... ;)

CF gitzo cost between $600+ to $800+ for the smaller series..

Any ideal what's the lightest tripod around ..

Is the Pro 330DX with a quick release? Can i change the head to a quick release and for how much ?> tHanks!!...

Miao said:
Any ideal what's the lightest tripod around ..

The Gitzo CF 0 Series, i.e. 1027 (3 section) and 1028 (4 section). I think the 1027 is 800-900 grams. The 1026 aluminium tripod might also fit the bill (only slightly heavier then the CFs above). I think the 1027 went for something like $395. Extended, the tripods would only come up to waist level.

chgoh @ 8:12pm, 08 Dec 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.