need a cam for talking surfing pic , need some help here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twin fins

Feb 6, 2007
Dear Clubsnapians ,
I don know nutz bout camera n would like to get a USED digicam to take pic for surfing , which is better canon or nikon ?

My budget not more than $1500.00

Lost boy .......

you should do well with one of those olympus waterproof compact cameras... definitely less than $1500 even for brand-new.

just make sure you don't drop them to the ocean floor ^^

you should do well with one of those olympus waterproof compact cameras... definitely less than $1500 even for brand-new.

just make sure you don't drop them to the ocean floor ^^

Am taking it from land , lens has to be at least ??~300mm n resolution at least 8.0 , wat u rekon ?

Am taking it from land , lens has to be at least ??~300mm n resolution at least 8.0 , wat u rekon ?

for your budget, a Panasonic Lumix FZ50 would be a good choice, given that it has a 420mm lens with optical image stabilizers, offers full manual control and has a well-built camera body.

alternatively, if you're interested in dSLRs instead, you could go for a 2nd hand Canon 350D, but due to your tight budget, you'll only be able to get a cheap 300mm zoom lens without any image stabilization.

for your budget, a Panasonic Lumix FZ50 would be a good choice, given that it has a 420mm lens with optical image stabilizers, offers full manual control and has a well-built camera body.

alternatively, if you're interested in dSLRs instead, you could go for a 2nd hand Canon 350D, but due to your tight budget, you'll only be able to get a cheap 300mm zoom lens without any image stabilization.

I'm a beginner n really kw NOTHING about camera , if given a choice which one would u prefer ?
1 . Panasonic Lumix FZ50 .
2 . Canon 350D .

I'm a beginner n really kw NOTHING about camera , if given a choice which one would u prefer ?
1 . Panasonic Lumix FZ50 .
2 . Canon 350D .

FZ50 would be a better choice for you IMO

since a dSLR system really does require an individual to fork out quite a hefty sum of moolah for lenses and other accessories, it might be a better idea for you to get a bridge camera which has the features you would require.

How far your subject will be?

A human size subject at 100m away will fill about 1/3 of the landscape orientated frame with a 300mm lens on a 1.6x cropped sensor (350D). It'll be about 1/5 of the frame at 200m away.

BC

How far your subject will be?

A human size subject at 100m away will fill about 1/3 of the landscape orientated frame with a 300mm lens on a 1.6x cropped sensor (350D). It'll be about 1/5 of the frame at 200m away.

BC

Subject will be bout 100 meter away .... . . been reading some digital cam mag lately , seemed like Nikon has the best rating . Critics can b a li'l buyer sometime , rather learn it from u guys .

FZ50 would be a better choice for you IMO

since a dSLR system really does require an individual to fork out quite a hefty sum of moolah for lenses and other accessories, it might be a better idea for you to get a bridge camera which has the features you would require.

I can get a new 350D at $990.00 , another $500.00 enough to get a USED 300mm lens ? I need fast continuous shooting function . Subject traversed bout 20-30 km/h n more than 100 meter away .

I can get a new 350D at $990.00 , another $500.00 enough to get a USED 300mm lens ? I need fast continuous shooting function . Subject traversed bout 20-30 km/h n more than 100 meter away .

Dude, please do not post to almost similar threads. :nono:

What has "this" gotta do with the location you surf? :dunno:

does that mean u pay for ur own tic to go surfing trip wif us ?

Think the Canon S3 is suitable for you as well. IIRC, it should have a zoom range of about 432mm. It can be a point and shoot camera and there's manual functions as well. One thing is that you do not have to know the length of lens required, just use the zoom in/out function. No headache, no worries!

Cheers

Think the Canon S3 is suitable for you as well. IIRC, it should have a zoom range of about 432mm. It can be a point and shoot camera and there's manual functions as well. One thing is that you do not have to know the length of lens required, just use the zoom in/out function. No headache, no worries!

Cheers

But does it perform to be able to take rapid frames (e.g. 3 frames per sec)?

Sure, it is capable of 30fps (in video mode) :p :p

Piangz eh! :mad2: Should be 29.97fps?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.