Neck Straps

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonesticks

Nov 25, 2007
West
I was wondering where should the dSLR position be when you are using a neck strap.
My Nikon strap only can reach my chest level max and today i went to try the optech ones( although i never adjust it but it seems to be at its max), its still at my chest level.
Is that the position as it should be? Or it should be lower.
I find that the current position is not very comfortable.

I was wondering where should the dSLR position be when you are using a neck strap.
My Nikon strap only can reach my chest level max and today i went to try the optech ones( although i never adjust it but it seems to be at its max), its still at my chest level.

i think different ppl have different way of carrying a camera uh...i "rifle sling" mine..hehehehe..the camera itself rests on the top of my tummy...

Last edited:
your choice.

i put mine higher, so that it won't swing as much

frankly speaking, chest level is sian when you really have to move faster

oh, and i cut my optech straps to make it shorter lollollol

There is no generic "should be" position. Put it where you like it, use the straps provided (either the one coming with your cam or any 3rd party strap) so that you feel comfortable. Of course, the cam should always be under control to avoid damages to others or to the cam.

I think my neck too thick liao.. strap i using at my chest level. use whole day, my chest red red one.. lol

Optech good? or Matin?
Read reviews of Optech and went to see today.. looks good but haven't seen matin straps

I adjust it such that the camera can be tensioned against my body so that I can use very slow shutter speed.

I went to try the optech ones( although i never adjust it but it seems to be at its max), its still at my chest level.

Optech straps are long, should be able to go lower than your chest.

I also 'rifle sling' my camera. If placed infront, the camera will be at my tummy level, can provide cushioning for the cam :bsmilie:

a bit ot, but i personally don't prefer neck strap especially if you got bigger/longer lens. i have a matin hand strap and i love it ;p

as long as you cam is "safe" and you're comfortable, there is no wrong or right position :)

i strap juz aroud tummy level :) My industrial disgrace in long enuff.

bro you might be interested in BlackRapid.

Its too ex for me!

a bit ot, but i personally don't prefer neck strap especially if you got bigger/longer lens. i have a matin hand strap and i love it ;p

as long as you cam is "safe" and you're comfortable, there is no wrong or right position :)

I just bought Matin Joint strap. Its really nice, feels good. Very long also.. My neck that that thick yet.......

Its too ex for me!

I just bought Matin Joint strap. Its really nice, feels good. Very long also.. My neck that that thick yet.......

Bro I am also using optech and mine goes to my tummy and I can let go a lot more if I want to. Thing is I doubt anyone has a thicker neck or thicker anything than me. I am super thick all around. I am starting to wonder if you are as tall as Yao Ming.

BTW my optech comes with the pro loop. Maybe the pro loop is longer?

I bend my elbow abt 90degrees and thats whr I'll find my cam in front of my stomach..:bsmilie:

higher better for me, because there was once I bend down to carry baby girl in front of me and my DSLR swung forward and hit her in the head. OUCH:sweat:

prefer the optech loop strap,

comfy and sells at a great price

I have seen ang mo lowering all the way to huge tummy level and rest camera body there. Personally, I managed it at chest level, safer when you need to bend downwards.

I have seen ang mo lowering all the way to huge tummy level and rest camera body there. Personally, I managed it at chest level, safer when you need to bend downwards.

prefer the tummy level, more natural:)

the chest level is abit too high, and uncomfortable.

I sweat a lot and most of the time, especially in hot singapore. And chest is the wettest. So it is slightly lower for me... plus, I don't have kids yet.... but my tummy is very big, so i go slightly higher... more like upper abdomen for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.