Neck strap vs Hand strap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackRapid or similar is the way to go for me. I went travel (a lot of trekking in cities and mountain towns) and the BR saved my days. I carried one more lens in a sling bag.

i was wondering the same thing myself.. i dont like handstrap, and im also not very comfortable with the camera around my neck.. i like it on the shoulder, but the neck strap that my canon 500D came with is a bit too short to be used as a shoulder strap.. thinking of getting a black rapid shoulder strap, as i hear quite a lot of good things bout it.. but im wondering, for those who use it.. is the attachment that fits to the tripod screw a hindrance? do u need to remove it each time u put the camera back into the bag etc? it seems to be a great design, but im wondering about this point mainly.. thanks

handstrap more comfy and fast, tested both on long hours shots running around :)
Handstrap is so much easier to keep and take the camera out from back, and finger wont cramp.

.. is the attachment that fits to the tripod screw a hindrance? do u need to remove it each time u put the camera back into the bag etc? it seems to be a great design, but im wondering about this point mainly.. thanks
That attachment is a hinderance only if the camera is being mounted and dismounted from tripod, frequently.
When keeping it into a bag, whether the strap is to be detached from camera, it is entirely personal preference.
So, it is about how one uses his camera, and perhaps also depending on scenario.

but the strap can be snapped off quickly, right? whereas the screw thing is firmly screwed in and takes more time and effort to remove? im wondering, if i decide to just quickly snap the strap off, can i put it in a rather tightly fitting camera bag (500D in slingshot 100, for those who know) without removing the attachment? thanks :)

Yes, the strap can be detached quickly in 1 to 2 seconds. The screw (I think it is called "fastener") can be unscrewed from the camera pretty easily, perhaps 10 seconds. The latest BR has a fastener (R-2?) that is well designed. It has a rubber base. Once the R-2 is screwed on to the camera, it would not go unfastened accidentally.
I have no experience with either 500D or Slingshot 100. But if a camera can already be put into a particular bag, I don't see why the still-screwed-on fastener will give rise to any problem when the camera is being slipped into a bag. The fastener is quite unobtrusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.