Neck strap vs Hand strap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shogubong

Nov 4, 2009
Pasig, Philippines
hi guys.

just wanna ask the people here which would you prefer when handholding/ carrying your cameras?

Nexk Strap~ But never on my neck (the weight will kill me), most of the time, handheld or on shoulders.

Ease of use and comfort for transport. You can't possibly be holding ur cam all the time :)

Last edited:
Use both lor. Some hand straps like the Canon E-1 allow you to attach your neck strap too. Given the choice, of course neck strap unless your shoulder is weaker than your wrist.

i actually prefer the hand strap. dun lyk something dangling on my neck :D

hand strap with blackrapid.

Actually, I don't know how one can stand lugging DSLRs on the neck, never find it comfortable or is it just my neck? I've always had it on my shoulders...

never used a handstrap before. but when i wrapped the neck strap around my hand to become a hand strap, i feel bogged by the weight and cant maintain the "handstrap" for a long time.

I usually neck strap hang on shoulder. but sometimes hang on neck for max mobility. hang on neck ok la. last time NS rifle also hang on neck for long hours. and rifle much more heavy than camera lor

Urghh that's so hardcore, over the top la for me... I can only imagine on an event, 10 press photogs from agencies all wearing t-shirts and pants then I am the only one to wear this bullet-proof looking vest. Hah...

But I guess it does what it's suppose to...

Last edited:
Strapless for me.. Just don't like the hinderance of a strap..

OOOO i likeeee Straplesss.....................................bras

i also like strapless... but when changing lenses, the shoulder strap / neck strap would works like another hand holding my camera... at first super tough to change lens cos i always left the camera hanging and change lens with 2 hands (nearly let go of the camera like i was with strap)... got the strap back after a week after once i nearly dropped my lens... :embrass:

I just make do with my kata strap slung across my body diagonally, machiam blackrapid. just extend it to the longest length and can swing my camera up and down like blackrapid....

Definitely hand strap. Although I use it with the BlackRapid strap often too, it's not that comfortable.

Nexk Strap~ But never on my neck (the weight will kill me), most of the time, handhelp or on shoulders.

Ease of use and comfort for transport. You can't possibly be holding ur cam all the time :)
he is right,

use the neck as a shoulder strap,

1. more secure (than neck strap, and less attention needed than hand strap )

&

2. more comfortable (than usage as neck strap)

If i'm wearing a backpack, I'll attach the neck strap to the back pack and that helps offload the weight.

hi guys.

just wanna ask the people here which would you prefer when handholding/ carrying your cameras?

Definitely neck strap, even though most of the time i handhold my camera while walking around. But sometimes can just strap on shoulder too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.