Neck Strap, Hand Strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBL2009

Jul 9, 2009
Seletar Estate, Singapore
A hand strap is good when I am walking and shooting, but when I need a break the neck strap comes in neat.

Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?

quite a few options, but you can head down to CathayPhoto and take a look at their optech straps. they've the detachable buckle when you want to do a fast removal. and of course attaching back. Kata also has such straps.

A hand strap is good when I am walking and shooting, but when I need a break the neck strap comes in neat.

Is there a solution or design where neck strap can be easily attached and detached from the camera already have a hand strap on it?

Haha.. I use a BlackRapid strap to sling my camera, while my hand/wrist strap is still attached. Solves both the issues that you have just raised.

Haha.. I use a BlackRapid strap to sling my camera, while my hand/wrist strap is still attached. Solves both the issues that you have just raised.

:thumbsup: Blackrapid rocks! I love it too!

:thumbsup: Blackrapid rocks! I love it too!

Only problem with my BlackRapid is - I swing it from left shoulder to right hip.
My Outback 200 side pouch, I swing that from right shoulder to left hip. These are my comfortable configurations.
Therefore looking from the front, I have two straps crossing in front of my chest. Looks too Rambo-like. Makes me look like a fool, and friends have said so too.
Sigh... at a lost what to do...

Only problem with my BlackRapid is - I swing it from left shoulder to right hip.
My Outback 200 side pouch, I swing that from right shoulder to left hip. These are my comfortable configurations.
Therefore looking from the front, I have two straps crossing in front of my chest. Looks too Rambo-like. Makes me look like a fool, and friends have said so too.

Ahahaha... u need to hang some stuff in front. Then you'll really look gung-ho! :bsmilie:

Just tie your handstrap to your neckstrap. No problems so far.

I wrap the neck strap around my wrist when I'm walking and shooting. And when I'm moving from point A to B, I'll sling it across my chest.

get a belt system to go with your rapid or just use a NS army green belt to hang a few pouches.

use a neck strap, wind it around your hand. it's fine.

i saw some professional photographers at F1 singapore wearing their camera on one shoulder, not slung, i.e. right shoulder, right hip. im assuming that must be safe, so is that strap different to the neck strap that comes with a camera (e.g. my canon 500D strap)? i generally wrap the neck strap around my wrist when shooting too, but when im not shooting, i find it a bit messy to put it over my neck n carry it (i wear a hat often :D) so im wondering if the shoulder method is good. it feels like it might fall off my shoulder, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.