Neck pain how...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongkm

Dec 6, 2002
West
My wife is suffering from a whiplash neck injury from a car accident a couple of years back and is having quite a bad neck ache and getting worse... currently she's seeing a chiropractor but seems like not much improvement after several months. My wallet is also feeling to pain too.

Has anyone tried both an osteopath and chiropractor before? Any difference? Or any recommendations on who or what to see? I highly suspect that the doc she's seeing now is quite incompetent as well... :S

Ah, if really whiplash and you got that description in a doc's report, then you could have claimed a large sum of money :) :)

Ah, if really whiplash and you got that description in a doc's report, then you could have claimed a large sum of money :) :)

Yeah it's quite obvious from the x-rays. Get from insurance? Dunno if its still too late to do so leh... Yeah, we're already using those support pillow. Quite jia lat man... heart pain. :bheart:

The S$64,000 question is, whose fault is it? If it is the other guys' fault, I believe you should be able to claim quite a large sum.

My information is based on the amounts awarded by the court for such injuries when the matter proceeds to trial and judgment. I'm not 100% sure on the insurance claim procedures.

Yeah it's quite obvious from the x-rays. Get from insurance? Dunno if its still too late to do so leh... Yeah, we're already using those support pillow. Quite jia lat man... heart pain. :bheart:

My wife is suffering from a whiplash neck injury from a car accident a couple of years back and is having quite a bad neck ache and getting worse... currently she's seeing a chiropractor but seems like not much improvement after several months. My wallet is also feeling to pain too.

Has anyone tried both an osteopath and chiropractor before? Any difference? Or any recommendations on who or what to see? I highly suspect that the doc she's seeing now is quite incompetent as well... :S

I suffered a whiplash from a fall at Carrefour hypermart 3.5 years ago. I stepped on an unstable board and while trying to break the fall, I landed on my butt onto the floor. I was unable to get up and a staff there helped me to my feet.

What followed after was pain from lower back to neck. I was not even able to turn my head for more than 2 seconds. A car ride was also painful especially on the neck. I was not able to squat at all after the fall and was mostly in pain whether I was standing, sitting or lying down.

If you look at me now, you would not have even suspected that I ever had any injury at all. I am totally pain free and life for me gets on as before the injury, except that I still can't squat due to a weaker back.

The day after the fall, I went to Tan Tock Seng hospital, had a scan and had physiotherapy sessions done there for a few months, which included traction. The doc at TTSH diagnosed my condition as whiplash. Carrefour paid for all my medical expenses after I threatened to sue them.

While the physiotherapy sessions helped, it did not totally get rid of all the pain. I later went to a female TCM doc for acupuncture (for other ailments) and after a course of treatment, most of my pains and aches are all gone.

I remain pain free today. No neck or back aches and no shoulder pain (old ailment).

Last edited:

I am not a medical person but you should consult a orthopaedic doctor first and then seek his/her recommendation for a good physiotherapist.

Was an X-ray done? If your wife has been diagnosed as whiplash after the X-ray, I am confident that she can be pain free just as I remain pain free today.

Status
Not open for further replies.