Nearing Chinese New Year, "Huat Ah!" frequency increase during weddings?

surrephoto

Jan 14, 2009
Chinatown
www.surrephoto.com
I shot a pre-cny period wedding last year as a vg, seems that frequency of "Huat Ah!" by the ah gongs & ah mahs increased voluntarily by a huge margin. Looking forward to shoot a wedding end of this month, really feel very lucky when they "HUAT AH!"

Just 2 weeks ago during a solemnisation, an enthusiastic JP suddenly shouted "HUAT AH! HUAT AH!" right after announcing the bride/groom officially a wedded couple. And applause followed nicely with laughing aunties right after that, salute that funny JP. :thumbsup:

Whats the strangest or most unpredictable moment when they "HUAT AH!" for the videographer or any other purpose? What about not so senior friends who huat unexpectedly during wedding? Share some funny experiences?

I shot a pre-cny period wedding last year as a vg, seems that frequency of "Huat Ah!" by the ah gongs & ah mahs increased voluntarily by a huge margin. Looking forward to shoot a wedding end of this month, really feel very lucky when they "HUAT AH!"

Just 2 weeks ago during a solemnisation, an enthusiastic JP suddenly shouted "HUAT AH! HUAT AH!" right after announcing the bride/groom officially a wedded couple. And applause followed nicely with laughing aunties right after that, salute that funny JP. :thumbsup:

Whats the strangest or most unpredictable moment when they "HUAT AH!" for the videographer or any other purpose? What about not so senior friends who huat unexpectedly during wedding? Share some funny experiences?

Hi bro.. Long time no see.. :D

Not really because of CNY lah..
Years ago, this "trend" started because of one the local movie (can't remember which movie)..

Funny why the JP shouted 'Huat Ah' during a solemnisation? :think:
He should shout 'Sheng Ah' (生啊) ... :bsmilie:

ya like 'Sheng Ah.. le jia pa be??'

Years ago, this "trend" started because of one the local movie (can't remember which movie)..

Yes, it happens to some degree in all weddings, but the frequency rises to about 500% nearing this season. So nowadays I do picture montage or highlights video confirm must add in car number... big big. The "HUAT AH!" is for a reason. :thumbsup:

Btw is it a Jack Neo movie? I often hear it in his shows...

Usally they do give advice about proper parenting. And obviously must be auspicious and say something like 子孙满堂。

ya like 'Sheng Ah.. le jia pa be??'

That one is hokkien for someone name 成. Like the famous hokkien taiwanese show "Ah Seng". :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Many many years ago. Ask any of the old birds (actually I do not think any here are shooting that long), 20+ years ago also have already.

The JP shd be Phua Tan Tee, NEA lah. Nice meaningful words, just a heck F long for us. Usually after my shooting and he start opening his mouth, I take a seat.

Many many years ago. Ask any of the old birds (actually I do not think any here are shooting that long), 20+ years ago also have already.

The JP shd be Phua Tan Tee, NEA lah. Nice meaningful words, just a heck F long for us. Usually after my shooting and he start opening his mouth, I take a seat.

Yes... his speeches are very, very long, and jokes sometimes slightly lame. But he is a nice JP. Met him more then a few times, but he huat suddenly at an ROM recently.