NEA takes Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council to court over trade fair

I am not a frequent trade fair visitor, in fact hardly, but I do see them when I drive pass the streets. I personally don't understand the basis for issuing a licence or not.

1st, why do NEA allow food stuff to be sold in trade fairs whilst they are suppose to be very strict on food handling and their disposal? I can understand you wish to provide food so that people visiting the trade fair can have food while they enjoy the fair. However, most of these fairs are just beside existing food outlets.

2nd, some trade fairs are almost permanently at the same site. Might as well site up a permanent trade fair site for their function. Instead of town councils having to apply, why don't just identify locations for trade fairs and limit the types of things that can be sold?

3rd, aren't the trade fairs killing the business of those that pay rent in the shops? What is the basis for these trade fairs? Should trade fairs be confined to locations further away from shops?

Maybe someone in the know can explain why out of so many trade fairs now going on in Singapore, why Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East fair did not get the permit whilst all others have? This will not give a negative image of NEA.

I am not a frequent trade fair visitor, in fact hardly, but I do see them when I drive pass the streets. I personally don't understand the basis for issuing a licence or not.

1st, why do NEA allow food stuff to be sold in trade fairs whilst they are suppose to be very strict on food handling and their disposal? I can understand you wish to provide food so that people visiting the trade fair can have food while they enjoy the fair. However, most of these fairs are just beside existing food outlets.

2nd, some trade fairs are almost permanently at the same site. Might as well site up a permanent trade fair site for their function. Instead of town councils having to apply, why don't just identify locations for trade fairs and limit the types of things that can be sold?

3rd, aren't the trade fairs killing the business of those that pay rent in the shops? What is the basis for these trade fairs? Should trade fairs be confined to locations further away from shops?

Maybe someone in the know can explain why out of so many trade fairs now going on in Singapore, why Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East fair did not get the permit whilst all others have? This will not give a negative image of NEA.

NEA only says they reminded the AHPE….. but never stated why not given permit.

Maybe never submit for approval at all.

Anyway, Yahoo says that the clause is not included in TOWN COUNCIL ACT. So it's not TOWN COUNCIL responsibility to check and apply? Or simply can ignore?

It's for everyone to guess. Let's court decide.

agreed. post removed.

please be reminded no discussion on political issue here.
there is a line between fair comments and just political parties brushing,

if members can't help themselves from refraining discussion on political issue.
can go to coffee shops to talk all you want for all days and nights, or just apply a permit to speech in Hong Lim Park.

it would never happen to any other GRC. same thing as hawker center cleaning issue.

it would never happen to any other GRC. same thing as hawker center cleaning issue.

Some things is clearly evident of unequal treatment.

I just ignore such news.... am too used to it... especially, I am from Hougang SRC..... I have seem my MP more frequently meeting up with old folks, and go trips, and saw their activities, and saw Mao, Low, Sylvia, Huat more than I saw others....

Last edited:
Sometimes people think that things don't happen because they don't see or experience it.

Sometimes people think that things don't happen because they don't see or experience it.

I'm pretty sure if things happen, it is the mainstream media to cover the issue. However, we only hear good things about our ruling party from the mainstream media and bad things about non-ruling parties...

Hmmm....

we can only read stuff deemed right.
so when things go wrong there's no coverage

Some things is clearly evident of unequal treatment.

I just ignore such news.... am too used to it... especially, I am from Hougang SRC..... I have seem my MP more frequently meeting up with old folks, and go trips, and saw their activities, and saw Mao, Low, Sylvia, Huat more than I saw others....

If MPs meet up with a group of more than 5 persons at public places, will it be deemed an illegal assembly if no permit is applied for?

If MPs meet up with a group of more than 5 persons at public places, will it be deemed an illegal assembly if no permit is applied for?

If during meet the people sessions, no.

After... dunno.... :bsmilie:

you just give the party another ideas…...

Talking about building a more inclusive society!

Sad that this type meaningless spatting/sparring continues.

the question is if 5 or more lawyers meet up and congregate is it a legal assembly?

Talking about building a more inclusive society!

Sad that this type meaningless spatting/sparring continues.

We are victims too... as in the citizens... living in these petty areas....

Just some of the minor petty things that have happened that is not reported.

They tear down the market, closed the small industrial area, they remove our bus services, and they pull down blocks of flats because those rental flats gave the other party more votes... sold the land to private developer and build condo... and a NTUC was closed down, and ATM removed....

I have seen enough, and anyone who really cares for the People First... would not have done it.

Inclusive I believe, meant only for those with them....

I have mentioned before.... I have seen many left behind by them... so how can it be inclusive?

Last edited:
We suffer from the co lateral damage.

What you said is so true, bro Halfmoon

治国为民之道 (史记 – 周本纪)

生者養之
死者葬之
貧者済之
灾者账之

Last edited:
We are victims too... as in the citizens... living in these petty areas....

Just some of the minor petty things that have happened that is not reported.

They tear down the market, closed the small industrial area, they remove our bus services, and they pull down blocks of flats because those rental flats gave the other party more votes... sold the land to private developer and build condo... and a NTUC was closed down, and ATM removed....

I have seen enough, and anyone who really cares for the People First... would not have done it.

Inclusive I believe, meant only for those with them....

I have mentioned before.... I have seen many left behind by them... so how can it be inclusive?

We suffer from the co lateral damage.

What you said is so true, bro Halfmoon

if there is fairness in everything, then there will be no need for politicians and political parties. we wouldn't have bickering. we would just need one person to rule us and make all the decisions.

petition the government/parliament to be dissolved. no more political parties, no more politics. then we will have peace.

we should just have one Dragon Emperor and his Dragon brood to dictate everything that happens in Singapore, with no one to argue with them.

ok i was kidding about the dragons, but i do hope you get what i'm trying to say ;)

there is only progress when people of two different mindsets come together to trash things out.

and there is no point posting in the forums and complaining.

you want something done, go do it. why give excuses to wait for 2016?

Last edited: