NDx400 *

Status
Not open for further replies.
101774608.jpg

An example of what ND400 (stacked with CPL) can help produce. More shots here.

That's an interesting series of photos.. :thumbsup:

extreme filters are where theory falls apart.

there are some things to note when using nd400 - i used to have one, lost it in dorset, got a b&w nd1000 replacement (10 stops)..

1) extreme vignetting at widest end, at least for 10mm
2) extremely weird refraction effects, you get funny exposure strips (like bands) here and there in the picture, this has to do with light
3) shift color shifts, usually some amount of saturation, along with warmifying effects

you definitely do not need it for night shots, one stop in a night shot, due to longer shutter speed needed is 200 times more painful than daytime shot.

think of it this way - a nd1000 (10 stop) makes 1/4000 in daytime 1/4
at night, 30 seconds with nd1000 becomes.. 512 minutes

go figure.

and reciprocal failure

Sorry for the hijack...

I wanted to buy this filter...
Which Shops can I got it?

Thanks....!!

Not for digital, only film users need worry about reciprocal failure. :)

This filter has a lot of pros and cons...but i normally use it for long exposures during mid-day landscape photography. Just a tip learn how to compute the correct exposure so can easily get the best results out of this filter. Oh btw, when stacking filters...specially with CPL, place the ND400 first before CPL.:):):):)

This filter has a lot of pros and cons...but i normally use it for long exposures during mid-day landscape photography. Just a tip learn how to compute the correct exposure so can easily get the best results out of this filter. Oh btw, when stacking filters...specially with CPL, place the ND400 first before CPL.:):):):)

Correct with Spumpie on couple the ND prior on the CPL but need to careful where you turn ur CPL as it will cause banding; like what Nightmare had mentioned...and and the blue cast can throw out the histogram a little but this is readily corrected in PS..:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.