[NDP2012] How is this done?

cjl

Aug 8, 2002
The Guilin of Spore
Visit site
Hi all,

I was fascinated by this photo done by one of the photojournalist in LianHeZaoBao:

ndp2012_006.jpg

I am wondering how is this taken? I was taking fireworks photos too and I rem the fireworks blast hap on different timings. Any technique to achieve such clean and multiple blast in one photos?

Thanks....

Old school will be to do a multiple exposure shot, new tech would be to shoot many shots and DI together

ortega said:
Old school will be to do a multiple exposure shot, new tech would be to shoot many shots and DI together

Does the use if black card helps? I did it using black card for multiple exposure, provided all area is dark.

my guess is black card technique since editorial images 'not supposed' to be DI-ed?
have to know the exposure time needed for the performers area, then only exposure the image for the required time, in between fireworks cover up lens with black card

wa if really use black card technique, timing must be perfect, plus performance area should not have much movement or else there may be ghosting...
maybe the photographer has already memorised all the timings and fireworks after the various reheasals ;)

:thumbsup:

cjl said:
If using black card technique, can achieve the clear part at the audience/performers area?

2 cards could have been used, with one covering the audience area after one exposure done with a steady hand.