NDP'08 Perspectives Photography Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoelof

Apr 21, 2004
Woodlands
www.tilt.com.sg
Calling all photographers, you may be interested in this.

NDP_teaser_poster1_web-1.jpg

As part of the National Day Parade '08 celebrations, DesignSingapore is calling all photography enthusiasts to creatively capture design touchpoints. Photography submissions may show the items at use at the NDP'08 parade or outside of the parade. Any of the following design touchpoints should be featured in your entry:
a. NDP' 08 Funpack
b. AIR Glove
c. SPARK! Mass Display Card
Each photo should be accompanied by a caption not exceeding 10 words.

For more information, you can visit the official website. Closing date of competition is on 22 August 2008. Winners works will be exhibited on 4 September 2008 together with the prize presentation.

Last edited:
omg the grand prize is a mystery..... LOL... scallie give you a packet of eggs and call it grand prize. LOL

I am sure that will probably not be what the prize is. From what I heard, it may be a camera as the grand prize.

The website just updated the prizes. They are as follows:

First Prize - Intuos3 Professional Pen Tablet (6" x 8") worth $569
Second Prize - Bamboo Fun Pen Tablet (6" x 9") worth $299
Third Prize - Bamboo Fun Pen Tablet (4" x 6") worth $189
Six Finalists - 2GB iPod Nano

As part of the National Day Parade '08 celebrations, DesignSingapore is calling all photography enthusiasts to creatively capture design touchpoints. Photography submissions may show the items at use at the NDP'08 parade or outside of the parade. Any of the following design touchpoints should be featured in your entry:
a. NDP' 08 Funpack
b. AIR Glove
c. SPARK! Mass Display Card
Each photo should be accompanied by a caption not exceeding 10 words.

above-mentioned are after all all designed by DesignSingapore.

*upz for the day ;)

*upz for the weekend

Theme of competition is “National Day Parade 08 (NDP’08) Funpack - Perspectives”.

Each entry should consist of one or more of the three design items in the Perspectives NDP’08 Funpack including the:
1) NDP’08 Funpack
2) AIR Glove and
3) SPARK! Mass Display.

wats a SPARK Mass Display? any idea? :dunno:
i got it lerr! xD
from the official website

Last edited:
Yeah, not that obvious but it is on the website. Hurry up and send your entries before the closing date since each person is allowed multiple entries. ;)

Bumping this up for the week for those people who have attended the NDP and have received the NDP 08 Funpacks. Tre-iterate, the prizes from the organisers are Wacom tablets and iPod nanos!

Do support Design Singapore on the Funpacks designs!

Note that ONLY images that contains ANY of the 3 items as stated on http://www.ndpperspectives.com will be considered.

Last edited:
been walking around the area last NDP and never saw one or any of the items. went home without any photo of the items at all.

been walking around the area last NDP and never saw one or any of the items. went home without any photo of the items at all.

:eek:
Any of the audience who attended the NDP will have been given one. It is unfortunate that you did not manage to capture any photo with any of the items at all.

Hi,

I know this sounds ridiculous, but since the pics are all taken in the public (NDP), do we need Model Release to participate?

I asked because this seems to be a normal requirements for most photography contest...

Thanks.

There are tens of thousands of each of these items been used, waved and "Hi-Five" by almost everyone at the NDP...

Hi,

I know this sounds ridiculous, but since the pics are all taken in the public (NDP), do we need Model Release to participate?

I asked because this seems to be a normal requirements for most photography contest...

Thanks.

From the organisers point of view, no model release is necessary. If you, however, feel uncomfortable in submitting it, you can choose not to submit it. But please be rest assured that the organisers do not intend to use it for any form of publicity and I am sure all the photographers who submitted probably took everyone in a positive light.

:)

was just in the streets from 1-4PM, don't have tickets to get inside the venue. so did not see anyone bringing on their way to the stage. :( anyways, no harm trying. got plenty of candid shots though.

I think you should have at least ONE shot where you capture the audience right? ;) So long as any of the audience is holding any of the items, will be okay. Whether it will win or not will be up to the judges though. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.