NDP shoots - IN the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuy

Sep 7, 2002
Alpha Centuari
Visit site
i've been lucky enuff to be offered a VIP ticket for the preview tomoro.... so while i dont think i can shoot fireworks anymore, i can shoot the performance itself. any tips for a noob like me? is a tripod necessary? thanks!!

Originally posted by shuy
i've been lucky enuff to be offered a VIP ticket for the preview tomoro.... so while i dont think i can shoot fireworks anymore, i can shoot the performance itself. any tips for a noob like me? is a tripod necessary? thanks!!

Why can't you see the fireworks? It'll be right oppsite the grandstand.

oh... can see.... i meant taking pics of it. is it still possible? i hope i wont look odd wif the only guy wif a tripod... hehe

Congrats on your tickets!

:rbounce: :gbounce:

i duno wat a green ticket is... but my seats r sheltered.

my fren says there's no space for a tripod n told me not to bring it. oh well....

NUS and Singapore govt have been kind enough to give me a pass for National Education show that was held on last saturday.
Since I guess it was almost like the actual NDP, here is something i would like to share.
1. A tripod is a Must.. even if you dont want to shoot fireworks, you will still need a tripod to shoot all those cultural progs with coloured lights which are held after dark.
2. Take as much tele as you can possibly can.. with my 3x optical digicam, i could never capture less than 100 people in any frame:(
3. I guess it wont really look odd if you carry a camera since i saw on the other day almost everyone carrying a camera, some P&S and some with SLRs..and all with SLR's of course brought tripods too.
4. It gives you a great opportunity to take candids. nobody notices you since all attention will be on the event. try not using flash on your neigbhour's eyes thats all.. I even managed to get a photo of a nice girl sittin just next to me :devil:
5. If you want to capture the planes.. you have the best place i guess. I mean the VIP stands are on the west side of the stadium and the planes come from the east side. You really need to be very fast (shoot with continuous drive if you can). One helpful thing is that there will be a countdown from 10 to 1 before the flights come. Pity that since these F16's (that was what they showed me on that day) are supersonic, you wont hear anything till they pass you.
6. And one disadvantage you might have is, there will be a paratrooping show..you wont be able to shoot almost anything till those guys land. For those who are not on VIP stands, point your cams up once you hear a helicopter. That is what will drop paratroopers. That is quite some subject with lot of colourd smoke (?) over the sky.
7. On NES day, the fireworks were at about 8 PM. I dont know if it will be so for the NDP too.. but guess it helps for all thouse guys with tripods mounted on kallag river ;)
Have a happy NDP:thumbsup:

my fren says there's no space for a tripod n told me not to bring it. oh well....
Kind of true... The legspace is too less and you can hardly squeez in yourself let alone a big tripod.
But, if you have a seat in the ailes it is quite convenient. May be you can offer to trande the seat with a guy behind you on an aile seat.. both benifit.. you get tripod space, he gets closer seat.
Belive me 5-10 meters is not going to make ANY difference.

sheltered means u are in the west ...

which is the pink ticket ...

I sat at the Grand Stand at last year's NDP. There is NO space for a tripod unless you get an aisle seat like someone mentioned earlier in the thread. If you intend to switch seats with someone else, I wouldn't bet too much on it. Seats at the Grand Stand are assigned to you by usherers (in fact they usher you ALL the way to your seat) and they will not be too eager to see you move around and look for seats later on. Good luck anyway. ;)

What about bringing a monopod then?
What can one see or take from the east stands (blue ticket)?

Hung

Status
Not open for further replies.