NDP Rehearsal Aerial Display & Fireworks --- Anyone Interested?

gkw12345

Aug 10, 2009
Hey guys,

So, as the title says, anyone interested to go to the Esplanade/ MBS area to take pics of these?
I already went there today... recommend reaching at around 6pm at MBS based on what I saw...

If there is a good enough response, then I will organise an outing in this thread...
The tentative date should be next Sat, cause it's still school hols for me and I'm very busy when school starts! :p

If you are interested, please state it in this thread!

Thanks for reading ;D

MBS and Promenade would be ideal as the wind direction is from south-east.
Areas affected by the fireworks smoke will be Esplanade Drive and Esplanade itself.

The Outdoor Theatre at Esplanade allows a bird's eye view of the choppers' launching the navy divers but wet lens are a definite.

21 Gun salute, between Esplanade and Esplande bridge (Back view) or MBS (Front view).

When... I would like to join in and learn but i am a newbie. Hope to get some advice

I am interested, Sat 6pm is good for me. Keep me in the loop.

Ok count me in too thanks first timer here :)

Like to be there too. :)

Sat 6pm.

The response seems good enough... :D

So where do we meet? Cause I'm not too familiar with the bus routes etc. in case any of you are gonna take them, so I wanna get a convenient place to meet for all of us.
But the shooting area will be at Helix Bridge/ the corner of MBS facing the stadium...
If any of you have any suggestions, please state them here, and if the general consensus is that location, then we will meet there!

The Outing
1. gkw12345
2. BravoSeven
3. Alirasheed
4. delighter
5. scliml

If anyone else is interested, please feel free to update the above list.
All who have stated their interest, please pm me your contact number so that I can locate you on the actual day. Thanks! ;)

gkw12345 said:
The response seems good enough... :D

So where do we meet? Cause I'm not too familiar with the bus routes etc. in case any of you are gonna take them, so I wanna get a convenient place to meet for all of us.
But the shooting area will be at Helix Bridge/ the corner of MBS facing the stadium...
If any of you have any suggestions, please state them here, and if the general consensus is that location, then we will meet there!

The Outing
1. gkw12345
2. BravoSeven
3. Alirasheed
4. delighter
5. scliml

If anyone else is interested, please feel free to update the above list.
All who have stated their interest, please pm me your contact number so that I can locate you on the actual day. Thanks! ;)

Im sorry but i have already confirmed cleonbus' event at Woodlands for his friday.
I would love to do this but so stupid and end up double booking.. Sorry

I am interested. Saturday at the MBS Side of the helix bridge, 6pm?

took this one last saturday at one fullerton in between the showers of rain.

Singapore 2011 by Par Botes, on Flickr

Last edited:
I should be going to Merlion Park to take the fireworks…not sure if it's ideal but being a NDP rehearsal, all he roads will either be closed or jammed near esplanade area so…i think i'll give that place a miss and MBS parking is just too expensive :)

Awesome. Count me in :)

The Outing
1. gkw12345
2. BravoSeven
3. Alirasheed
4. delighter
5. scliml
6. symmetrix

Im sorry but i have already confirmed cleonbus' event at Woodlands for his friday.
I would love to do this but so stupid and end up double booking.. Sorry

Okay, no problem! ;)

I am interested. Saturday at the MBS Side of the helix bridge, 6pm?

took this one last saturday at one fullerton in between the showers of rain.

That seems like a good location. I shall update the 'sign-up list'!
So you are in, I guess?
Btw, nice pic :D

I should be going to Merlion Park to take the fireworks…not sure if it's ideal but being a NDP rehearsal, all he roads will either be closed or jammed near esplanade area so…i think i'll give that place a miss and MBS parking is just too expensive :)
Based on what I experienced last week, I highly doubt that there would be jams...
Even at 6++, the road leading to the Merlion Park was very smooth flowing...
Why not walk that from Marina Square if you do not wish to park?
Either ways, happy shooting! :)

The Outing [ Where: Helix Bridge- MBS Side When: 6pm, Saturday ]
1. gkw12345
2. pictus
3. Alirasheed
4. delighter
5. scliml
6. symmetrix

thanks for that. i'm in, see you saturday!

I'm also In. see u all on Sat.

All who have stated their interest, please pm me your contact number so that I can locate you on the actual day. Thanks!

Change Of Location: At MBS outdoor area close to Helix Coordinates: 1.286378,103.859031 ( Key this into Google Maps or something similar to see the location)

The Outing [ Where: Helix Bridge- MBS Side When: 6pm, Saturday ]
1. gkw12345
2. pictus
3. Alirasheed
4. delighter
5. EdmundWee3228
6. symmetrix

To Bring List:
Camera
Wide Angle and Telephoto Lens ( Wide Angle for fireworks, telephoto for aerial display)
Tripod ( For fireworks)
That's probably about it!
Oh, and a remote shutter if you have one for the fireworks! ( Not compulsory, though)

Last edited:
i don't think the fireworks are every saturday right? so which saturday are you planning the outing? the exact date

Urhh... I thought it's every Saturday from last Saturday to 9 August?
As there will be a rehersal ( NE Show, Combined Rehersal etc.) every Sat...
They will fire the fireworks during the rehersals, no?
And I'm planning the outing for tomorrow ;)