NDP Rehearsal Aerial Display & Fireworks --- Anyone Interested?

Hi guys
Do most of u on this thread already know each others?
A native questions is how do newbies get to know you in person?
Should we shout out your code name, heheheh.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone on this thread.
Well if you start shouting code name, I would know it's you :D
If you see a guy with black backpack fiddling a NEX-5, that's probably me ...
If you see a girl in a pink frock ... see a few threads up ...
If you see a big guy with a mean face ... you're probably trespassing ... run!

Unfortunately I don't know anyone on this thread.
Well if you start shouting code name, I would know it's you :D
If you see a guy with black backpack fiddling a NEX-5, that's probably me ...
If you see a girl in a pink frock ... see a few threads up ...
If you see a big guy with a mean face ... you're probably trespassing ... run!

Guyies, I want to join. Please give me some details as to what time to come, and at which place?

pls. post some pics and some good location... so I could force my lazy-butt to go shooting in MBS nextweek ;)

pls. post some pics and some good location... so I could force my lazy-butt to go shooting in MBS nextweek ;)

Search the forum, there are already some pics from CR3 last week.
Also, some locations are already mentioned in this thread.

lol.. lazy butt oso got lazy hands? haha.. just kidding =D

5915497672_ba7f68fe63.jpg

Shot from the far end of MBS.
Was using UWA lens, so had to crop quite a bit.

By my estimate, if you have a decent UWA, you should be able to go closer to take a good shot, e.g. the bridge or MBS.
I don't recommend the Esplanade/Fullerton One side because of the smoke.

If you are not confident that your lens might not be wide enough, go to the far end of MBS like what I did.

Shot from the far end of MBS.
Was using UWA lens, so had to crop quite a bit.

By my estimate, if you have a decent UWA, you should be able to go closer to take a good shot, e.g. the bridge or MBS.
I don't recommend the Esplanade/Fullerton One side because of the smoke.

If you are not confident that your lens might not be wide enough, go to the far end of MBS like what I did.

Looks like a good spot. Thank you.

Saw photos from Fullerton ... it was cloudy/foggy due to smokes. The background was very nice though, can see MBS. If you don't mind the smokes or likes the effect, go for it.

From Lotus, I think you need UWA. I was there just now, and I don't think my 24mm can shoot this high, even at vertical position. And I saw a big crane near the water, so no point shooting landscape if it's still there.

Good one SuperSimon...interesting location. May I know where you took the pic from?

actually for me, i'd rather prefer an uncluttered background when shooting fireworks. the buildings are distractions and spoil the beauty of the fireworks. IMHO, the bridge is not a good place to shoot.

what time are the firework rehearsals? anyone?
I assume its on saturday but can't find the time online...

The event started around 6.30pm iirc but i was in position by 6...by 7pm, cannot move already.

Do take note of the 21 Gun salute as signal to get into position and gear ready. There will be cultural performances for a while and then up go the main fireworks.
269159_10150254087773166_835728165_7465913_5604214_n.jpg

Shortly after the main fireworks will be the grand finale fireworks so dont pack your gear just yet.

Last edited:
The event started around 6.30pm iirc but i was in position by 6...by 7pm, cannot move already.

Do take note of the 21 Gun salute as signal to get into position and gear ready. There will be cultural performances for a while and then up go the main fireworks.
269159_10150254087773166_835728165_7465913_5604214_n.jpg

Shortly after the main fireworks will be the grand finale fireworks so dont pack your gear just yet.

you need to go wider if you're where i believe you're shooting from. at least 10mm or less.

270494_235512753137766_100000371282574_817393_2445600_n.jpg

265084_235513209804387_100000371282574_817394_545807_n.jpg

Ismadi, didn't know you are shooting the flowers too.
Hope to see you soon. :)

Could be bah, but let's just pretend it is the color spill from the fireworks that is making those colors on the lotus bowl. :)