NDP Preview 08 Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbolt168

Mar 25, 2008
Hi Guys,

This is my first fireworks shoot. Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated. enough to make improvement for next week.

2724997977_0a286c4064.jpg

thanks for your time. :)

Last edited:
This picture didnt really seem to work for me maybe because of the wind!composition i think can be improved

just my 2cents!

thanks spazzer,

Yah the wind was a bit of a problem that night. hopefully next week could be better. thanks for your comments.

i think one should take fireworks at the very start of the display... too late and the smoke kills the picture

i guess the smoke spoilt the otherwise nice picture.

but nice capture of the trails tho.. :thumbsup:

Brother,keep trying, I am sure you will get better picture after the first try. Jia you.:)

a tighter crop closer to the cluster of fireworks would be nice. cos now there is too much empty sky. the fireworks slightly over exposed, reducing exposure will bring out the colours.

:)

thanks for all your replies and suggestions.

Was thinking now of editing the sky taking the smoke out hehehe

Last edited:
hmm...good point.

to TS: yea, a nice shot if not for the smoke.
oh wells, can't control the wind,can we? :sweatsm:

yah loh, where there's fire(works) there's smoke. thatz i left out commenting on e smoke. unless future got smoke free wan.

Sore-eyez,
hope they will make lens filters for smokes hehehehe

so i assuming u r going back to shoot on the actual day same spot? :) cos that lense at that angle looks fine cropping can be done later, minus tha fact the file will shrink rather than fireworks bursting outside the frame... :sweat:

wen i took the fireworks most pics were spoiled by the increasing amount of smoke too. sad lah cause the best of it happens to be at the grand finale-that time the smoke is intense. at least the upper right firework came out clear and nice-nice job!

wen i took the fireworks most pics were spoiled by the increasing amount of smoke too. sad lah cause the best of it happens to be at the grand finale-that time the smoke is intense. at least the upper right firework came out clear and nice-nice job!

thank you emirates, hope we can have better wind direction this weekend. :dunno:

Also, there's something distracting and black in the foreground at the bottom of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.