NDP Photographers wanted for CS Online Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyftk

Jun 24, 2005
Eastern Singapore
Hi all!

ClubSnap's online magazine "Captured!" has been given the opportunity to cover the NDP for an article in our inaugural issue.

With the blessing of our Editor Zaren aka Adrian, I have an offer for all CSers. I have 5 openings available for anyone interested to be part of the team of photographers from ClubSnap.

This year's NDP promises to be quite a spectacle as it will be the last NDP to be held at the iconic National Stadium.

For those interested, please PM me. Only interested parties will be entertained on a first come first served basis. Please try not to PM me enquiries as I don't wanna choke up my inbox. Also, please read the Terms and Conditions before joining.

All are welcome though applicants may be subject to a selection process to ensure quality of shots produced.

Application closes Friday, 19th May 2006 at 0000hrs (+0800 GMT)

Cheers to all!

Terms and Conditions

All photographers must agree to the following terms before undertaking this assignment.

1. A copy of all photographs taken will be submitted and may be used by either Captured! or NDP'06 Media and Publicity Committee without charge.

2. Photographers selected must be committed to the team from the period of rehearsals starting in June and leading up to the actual day on 9th August.

3. All photographers are expected to behave with a certain level of professionalism and not cause any incidents which would reflect badly upon ClubSnap and Captured!.

4. Selected photographers are also expected to take responsibility for their equipment and ensure that all their gear are in order before each event.

5. All selected photographers are expected to work hard and have fun (not horseplay) on this assignment. ;)

Application Proceedure

Please check your emails regularly after submitting your application as I am working on an extremely tight timeframe and need to submit quite a bit of paperwork for security clearance. Those who do not respond may be removed without prior notice and their slot given to the next eligible applicant.

1. PM me with your Name, CS Nick, Contact No., VALID email and your Portfolio/Experience (if possible).

2. Have the following ready as you will need to send them to me immediately should you be selected:

- Name (as in NRIC)
- NRIC No.
- Date of Birth
- Nationality
- A recent passport-sized photograph in jpeg format (At least 300 dpi and minimum compression) *You may just take a picture of yourself and crop/resize it*

3. Check your emails. Further information/instructions will be provided there.

All the best!

hmmm...

"1. A copy of all photographs taken will be submitted and may be used by either Captured! or NDP'06 Media and Publicity Committee WITHOUT CHARGE"

so I assume there's no pay or any allowance provided for the photographers ?:(
anyway great learning opportunity;)

Thanks Shutt3rbug!

Well, as much as I would like to pay the guys, the CS mag is currently free and has zero sponsorship. Also, all involved are volunteers. Hope you all can understand that.

However, the opportunity and experience are one of a kind though... ;)

Thanks Simon! :D

Though I think it'll have to be unsticky by this weekend... :bsmilie:

A note to all, I need committed people because security passes will be issued to you and these will have your name and photos on it. So please do not waste the pass and give someone else the opportunity if you can't commit.

Thanks!

Will there be at least some credit given to the photographer if his photos are used? What is the minimum lens criteria for the job? ie. 300mm, 400mm..?
Must submit portfolio also?

Shutt3rbug said:
hmmm...

"1. A copy of all photographs taken will be submitted and may be used by either Captured! or NDP'06 Media and Publicity Committee WITHOUT CHARGE"

so I assume there's no pay or any allowance provided for the photographers ?:(
anyway great learning opportunity;)

jeryltan said:
Will there be at least some credit given to the photographer if his photos are used? What is the minimum lens criteria for the job? ie. 300mm, 400mm..?
Must submit portfolio also?
Portfolio will be better so I can gauge your ability to perform under the circumstances.

Photo credits will definitely be given on our end, though I'm pushing for the NDP side as well.

And don't worry about the lens requirements... I don't need long lenses from everyone, though it would be good if you have one... ;)

A warning to the wannabees thinking of joining. It's going to be shiong, it's not going to be a walk in the park. :sweat: Btw, it's easier to shoot without having a security pass around your neck.

why is it easier to shoot without the security pass?

Klose said:
A warning to the wannabees thinking of joining. It's going to be shiong, it's not going to be a walk in the park. :sweat: Btw, it's easier to shoot without having a security pass around your neck.

jeryltan said:
why is it easier to shoot without the security pass?

Alot of restrictions. :)

slight correction.....editor is kaywalk lah..... :)

Klose said:

yah, true. nowadays everybody seem to be coming to clubsnap to get FREE photographers..
recently lots of ppl joining clubsnap just to get free TFCD, free event photographers etc...
:dunno:

Shutt3rbug said:
yah, true. nowadays everybody seem to be coming to clubsnap to get FREE photographers..
recently lots of ppl joining clubsnap just to get free TFCD, free event photographers etc...
Sorry lah... Just my stupid idea to do an article on NDP and suddenly I got the opening and I need people to fill them lorz...

With security pass can get real close to the action.
Have done it before but that was for the scout group where I get unrestricted access.
Can be fun if you don't have commitment like what I have done for the scout group and also enjoy the show. ;p

Klose said:

If you're lucky, you might get complimentary rotated Lunch/Dinner rations of Pizza Hut, KFC, or SFI.

Fans of KFC... I had a campmate who gorged on SIX packs of the two piece meal in one evening. He fell ill after that. :bsmilie:

And yes, one question - where IS the CS Magazine? I remember vaguely reading years ago it was supposed to be a web publication?

Shutt3rbug said:

With the Security Pass, you get to shoot real close with the crowds and at restricted areas you are assign to.

The Satisfactions for the jobs comes when you see photos you’ve shot been publish in the ClubSnap's online magazine or even use for NDP'06 Media and Publicity.

Only those who are interested needs to response.

If you are out to look for PAID Assignments, please do not participate in this Thread.

Of cause if you are really good, someone or some company will engage you and pay you to shoot for them in NDP.

Enough said, all other OT Posts will be remove.

JUST DO IT !! A good chance not to be missed ... :thumbsup:

For yourself .. earning a good portfolio .. For our country .. contribute your part to this National event ... :)

Not everything must come in $$$$ ... Job Satisfaction is one thing you can never use $$$ to measure .. shooting experience earned well worth your efforts ... :thumbsup:

Anyway .. last year I helped my friend to shoot for NE at padang ... :bsmilie:

Hi

You mean there is a CS Online Magazine? What is the link?

Simon said:
With the Security Pass, you get to shoot real close with the crowds and at restricted areas you are assign to.

The Satisfactions for the jobs comes when you see photos you’ve shot been publish in the ClubSnap's online magazine or even use for NDP'06 Media and Publicity.

Only those who are interested needs to response.

If you are out to look for PAID Assignments, please do not participate in this Thread.

Of cause if you are really good, someone or some company will engage you and pay you to shoot for them in NDP.

Enough said, all other OT Posts will be remove.

ok then, good luck to the chosen ones..
Do it well and up your experience level !
Capture the expressions of fellow Singaporeans well, do it for the country !
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.