NDP Fireworks Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, but i've not decided on where to shoot from. probably not Tg Rhu. will be going to Kallang River Park or Merdeka Bridge for the preview. may try shooting from Old Airport Road flats. was at Tg Rhu yesterday, though, but just to look see.

30 seconds is ok for daylight film coz of reciprocity failure, so the buildings would still not overexpose but you get a myriad of streaks and bursts, quite interesting.

as for the exposure timing,

yes, the film u're goin to use is ISO50-100.

sorry, i didn't realise this till u said here, daylight film!

will be most willing to try it on the actual night.
btw, any chance of a fireworks display before the actual event?

Hi all,

How about we fixed a time on 26/07/2003 to meet at a nearby MRT? Any suggestion?

Regards,
Sam:cool:

Originally posted by sammedia
Hi all,

How about we fixed a time on 26/07/2003 to meet at a nearby MRT? Any suggestion?

Regards,
Sam:cool:

I will be shooting from Kallang Beach for a change. Opposite Tg Rhu. Will be there from about 5pm. There's plenty of time between 5 to fireworks time around 8pm. I'm having a picnic there and if any wants to join me, you'll probably get a free can of coke ;) We could also just chat about fotography, etc etc to pass time.

regards
Andrew

Originally posted by kh_drew
I will be shooting from Kallang Beach for a change. Opposite Tg Rhu. Will be there from about 5pm. There's plenty of time between 5 to fireworks time around 8pm. I'm having a picnic there and if any wants to join me, you'll probably get a free can of coke ;) We could also just chat about fotography, etc etc to pass time.

regards
Andrew

Very tempting Andrew.. I've not decided yet and will let you know again by the end of next friday.... Cos have a BBQ on that day... Also, will be at west coast for the JRM thingy....

Also, I need some coment on some macro slides that I've taken recently.

:D

Place..
1)Kallang water sports ctr?
2)Nicoll highway?
3)Marina promenade?

Attendance
1) djchris
2) xin
3) junyang
4) mystic
5) Siddhi
6. Megabyte

Hi djchris,

May I join you for the fireworks outing?? I'm also a newbie to photography and hope to earn a few pointers and gain new aquaintances. For starters, have u decided on the venue & time??
;)

Hi

im still very new to photography and im very interested in this outing , hopefully to learn something from it
may i join you guys ?

Place..
2)Nicoll highway?
3)Marina promenade?

Attendance
1) djchris
2) xin
3) junyang
4) mystic
5) Siddhi
6. Megabyte
7) Hydesg

Place..
1)
2)
3)

Attendance
1) djchris
2) xin
3)star

Originally posted by Hydesg
Hi

im still very new to photography and im very interested in this outing , hopefully to learn something from it
may i join you guys ?

Place..
2)Nicoll highway?
3)Marina promenade?

Attendance
1) djchris
2) xin
3) junyang
4) mystic
5) Siddhi
6. Megabyte
7) Hydesg

staying till wat time huh?any kind ppl got extra tripod to lend me?if not think i can only watch the firework in amazement:bwhat:

Originally posted by Hydesg
Hi

may i join you guys ?

Hydesg:
sure! you're very much welcome. If there is enough people, we'd probably have a roaring fun time. Do come down, I'd probably not do too much shooting on the Preview evening. We could go through some simple steps to get better pictures.

Cheery:

I could probably find another set of tripod for you to put the camera. Do join us then!

Any other newbie who haven't taken fotos of fireworks are most welcome too! For a change, we could all shoot slides, it's a quite fun and the results are worth the effort :cool:

regards
Andrew

p/s who knows? i might have leftover unopened cans of coke to giveaway ;p

Hi Andrew,

just wondering, have you tried using the ME (multi-exposure) function to take fireworks?

Been thinking about it lately. With the 801 you can set as much as 9 exposures on a single piece of film. So if say i set it for 3 or 4 exp, and use a remote cable release in B function, i can open and close the shutter at will and expose the same piece of film 3 or 4 times when different firworks are in the sky. Think it'll work?

Originally posted by patch17
Hi Andrew,

just wondering, have you tried using the ME (multi-exposure) function to take fireworks?

Been thinking about it lately. With the 801 you can set as much as 9 exposures on a single piece of film. So if say i set it for 3 or 4 exp, and use a remote cable release in B function, i can open and close the shutter at will and expose the same piece of film 3 or 4 times when different firworks are in the sky. Think it'll work?

It will probably work better with AF cameras with auto film advance. In mechanical cameras the frame MIGHT just shift a little. I've not tried scruntinising it but it'll be worth the effort to find out! :)

I was just looking at some of the shots taken by other CSers of last weekend's preview. It appears the fireworks burst in the same portion of the sky, well the really big ones do anyway, this might pose a problem... as ME would overlap the bursts over eachother instead of getting a scene filled with fireworks bursts.

hmmm.... but it's worth a try. There's next week and on the parade day itself. :D

btw, forgot that you use a manual FM3A, where taking an ME shot is a bit more "complicated". :wink:

Originally posted by patch17
I was just looking at some of the shots taken by other CSers of last weekend's preview. It appears the fireworks burst in the same portion of the sky, well the really big ones do anyway, this might pose a problem... as ME would overlap the bursts over eachother instead of getting a scene filled with fireworks bursts.

What I do when I wanna get single burst is to observe the nightsky carefully. When I see the round going up (a very small faint trail rising) I will trip the shuttle immediately. Hence I get about 2 seconds of exposure before the burst actually occurs. Then when the burst fades, I close the shuttle before other bursts come along. Hence the total exposure time will still be about 6 to 8 seconds, giving a decent exposure to the stadium and lights, plus I get to isolate one or two bursts.

btw, on manual, multiple exposure is also relatively easy.:light:

regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew, may join you for picnic if I dont have OT and GF dont want to meet me. How about that?:gbounce:

May need to buy a roll of slide from u.. Btw, I'm using F80... The dark side rules......:bsmilie:

P/S: Is the coke cold? :D

I'll bring my 50mm lens n 28-105 mm lens , tripod , digital camera and film SLR there

very eager to learn from you guys

Hydesg:
sure! you're very much welcome. If there is enough people, we'd probably have a roaring fun time. Do come down, I'd probably not do too much shooting on the Preview evening. We could go through some simple steps to get better pictures.

Cheery:

I could probably find another set of tripod for you to put the camera. Do join us then!

Any other newbie who haven't taken fotos of fireworks are most welcome too! For a change, we could all shoot slides, it's a quite fun and the results are worth the effort :cool:

regards
Andrew

p/s who knows? i might have leftover unopened cans of coke to giveaway ;p

i wana join u guys, but ive got a function till 6pm, can i join after that?

30s exposure for fireworks? my digicam can only go up to 8s, is that ok?

Hi!

I am new to this forum!
I will like to join you guys to the photoshooting of fire works, after reading the long posts , I am tired to figure out who is posting what messages, very confusing.

May I join you for the outings?
If can,
1.Date, location, time to meet?

2. Film speed?

Please someone can help me to join you guys, I am new and feel very lost and blur...
Thanks!

Originally posted by shuy
i wana join u guys, but ive got a function till 6pm, can i join after that?

30s exposure for fireworks? my digicam can only go up to 8s, is that ok?

does your digicam have B or T setting? you get better control of exposure with these settings.

anyway I've made up my mind to shoot from the beach area opposite Tanjong Rhu, simply for the convenience of avoiding the jam that forms at Tg Rhu every year ;p

hope you guys have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.