NDP firework shoot schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
Hello

Anyone know this year NDP 2007 fireworks schedule?:dunno:
It is unusually quiet about this this year.
Kind of missed last year firework shoots outing where we have many shoots.
Anybody interested to gather for night/firework shoot? Anyone?:)

According to the NDP 2007 website, there would only be two days of Singapore Fireworks Festival this year. Unfortunately, I think that the 27,000 seats at the new floating platform would be available by invitation only.

http://www.ndp.org.sg/celebrations/national_day_fest/23_may/Fireworks.html

The 2 teams slated to present the performance this year is (from what I heard) Spain and China, representing Europe and Asia. The timing of the fireworks will be as per last year, starting at 2100hrs and lasting 15mins. A bit disappointed as I expected as many teams as last year though lols.

Hope this helps :)

Side question.

In local context, what is your preferred setting for fireworks: ISO, Shuttle, Aperture?

Do see if this is useful as it's been asked many times:

http://clubsnap.com/display.php?file=articles/fireworks/fireworks.htm

Personally, I would want a low ISO (my DSLR lowest is 200), a "sharp enough" aperture like f8, and shutter speed will depend on what you want to "paint" in the photo (tripod a must).

Side question.

In local context, what is your preferred setting for fireworks: ISO, Shuttle, Aperture?

any tips on a good spot to shoot the fireworks??

any tips on a good spot to shoot the fireworks??

i was almost below the firework blasting area...the camera was facing up 50degrees angle already...good spot...

Does anyone know if there would be anymore fireworks rehearsal before the actual display itself? Was told that there usually is every year...(new to photography and new to singapore here)

Does anyone know if there would be anymore fireworks rehearsal before the actual display itself? Was told that there usually is every year...(new to photography and new to singapore here)
Probably there will be fireworks at the NE Show which is somewhere in mid July, then the Preview too, which usually takes place 1 and 1/2 weeks to two weeks before the actual day itself.

there's 1 at national stadium tomorow for the stadium's closure.
can check out there.

there will be a NDP rehearsal tomorrow.
IR site is taken up so firework i will let you guess where.

there's 1 at national stadium tomorow for the stadium's closure.
can check out there.
Entry tomorrow for national should be by tickets as the match start late afternoon.

Thanks for the tips guys, unfortunately I have an exam coming on next week so I'll have to give tomorrow a skip, would go for the Preview then ^_^ Would it be at the Marina area?

no fireworks for yesterday, the coming sat will have abt 50%!

Has anyone here shot portrait with actual fireworks as backdrop?...

back from NDP!
hmm today should be 35%.. not very sure abt it..
btw i took note of the timing..
firworks should start around 2010.. so get prepared before then.. lasted till 2014
next sat will be NE show, firwork will confirm be more..
anyone still got enquiries.. hopefully i can help!

back from NDP!
hmm today should be 35%.. not very sure abt it..
btw i took note of the timing..
firworks should start around 2010.. so get prepared before then.. lasted till 2014
next sat will be NE show, firwork will confirm be more..
anyone still got enquiries.. hopefully i can help!

will benjamin sheares bridge be closed to the public?

can we stand along dat stretch of pavement along the road behind the fullerton hotel to shoot?

yeah, i think Benjamin Sheares Bridge is closed - there was some commandoes rappelling/abseilling down from the bridge at some point, and i don't think I saw any photographers on the bridge today from the stands.

I imagine a good place will be Esplanade Drive on the bridge. The fireworks are fired from a platform just opposite the Merlion. But i think the best place to shoot is still from the stands, because from any other angles, I think you don't get quite a nice backdrop.

I was quite lucky to be in the stands today, and hoping my shots will come out well (they're on film). :bsmilie:

yes the shear bridge will be close (1lane) cause there will be fireworks raining down from there (not because of the commando repelling.. lol), that's y it's closed.. on NE show half the bridge will be raining, actual day the whole bridge!
the road outside the event will also be closed, 4 lanes...

hmm, i may get the schedule 2 -3 days before every sat.. so i update again!

Status
Not open for further replies.