NDP 2016 REHEARSAL

ahboyboy

Oct 5, 2009
Hi people,
anyone have the date for NDP 2016 REHEARSAL ?
for firework shooting.
this time round will be at stadium, any recommended place? :D

$13344584_307481866250906_5789698127645521473_n.jpg

Found the schedule, any recommended place for firework shooting? :D

Golden Mile Complex? Nice view across the lake towards the stadium. Or find someone living in Tanjung Rhu ..

Golden Mile Complex? Nice view across the lake towards the stadium. Or find someone living in Tanjung Rhu ..

Will try there on the first fire work :D ~

Still no news on whether there will be outdoor fireworks. From what i read in the news earlier this year, there will be indoor fireworks. But no mention on outdoor. I tried asking in NDPeeps FB they told me there will be fireworks but they never make it clear whether if its including outdoor. They just tell me to keep a lookout on the FB page for more updates.:dunno::angry:

Golden Mile Complex got public accessible spots with view of stadium?

Still no news on whether there will be outdoor fireworks. From what i read in the news earlier this year, there will be indoor fireworks. But no mention on outdoor. I tried asking in NDPeeps FB they told me there will be fireworks but they never make it clear whether if its including outdoor. They just tell me to keep a lookout on the FB page for more updates.:dunno::angry:

Indoor firework? ! then they wont show the beauty of the stadium from top view

Indoor firework? ! then they wont show the beauty of the stadium from top view

Ya. They wana be creative with the new stadium. I guess we can go scout the waters nearing the first rehearsal to see if theres any floating platforms for launching the fireworks. Or check PUB website

so any open to public spot at golden mile area to try?

this is the view from Tanjong Rhu..

27315491933_3f6972e23c_b.jpg

Sony A7 with minolta DT 11-18 at 18mm..
based on above, even with a kit lens you should be able to get the full glory of the fireworks as the area has some distance from the National Stadium. not many last Saturday but i'm guessing it will get crowded as NDP nears. will try and scout a few more location.

do you have the exact spot? or how to go?

MRT Circle Line exit Nicoll Highway will lead you to the spot that you want to go... Or if you not satisfied, walk around that area and looking for the spot that you like.

actually, the nicholl highway is at the opposite side of basin, the photo above was taken from tanjong rhu which is near the last bus stop at tanjong rhu (just google it up).. the one you are referring to is slightly nearer which i may think of going to scout this saturday the only concern at the nicholl highway area is it might be too near the fireworks but then again it wont be a problem if you have an uwa lens..

incedentally, i just wonder how those inside the stadium would be able to see the actual fireworks..

Last edited:
actually, the nicholl highway is at the opposite side of basin, the photo above was taken from tanjong rhu which is near the last bus stop at tanjong rhu (just google it up).. the one you are referring to is slightly nearer which i may think of going to scout this saturday the only concern at the nicholl highway area is it might be too near the fireworks but then again it wont be a problem if you have an uwa lens..

incedentally, i just wonder how those inside the stadium would be able to see the actual fireworks..

I was shooting from outside nicoll highway mrt station along the bank of Kallang river with my friend. I was using tokina 11-16mm. Good view fireworks are big enough even when I go 11mm. I'm using Canon 80D.

CR2 fireworks should be quite complete. ;)