Ndp 2006 - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffy

Mar 21, 2006
I am very fortunate that I have ticket to NDP last few years. This year in particular I attended both rehearsal and actual day.

Just want to share the photos I took during the last few NDPs.

There are many photos, so I think it's easier just to provide the link:

http://www.pbase.com/kenneth_ng/ndp

I started digital photography in 2006, few months before the NDP 2006 :)).

If there any particular photos that appeals to you, please let me know.

Thanks for viewing :)

Last edited:
Very good photography, really look like a pro to me. Lots to learn from you too. How do you manage to take the NDP 2009 pictures so close-up ? Did you use a zoom len and at what length was it taken ? Must be from a good position or else you can never capture the President and the guard so clear and close.

Great set of pictures!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was looking through the 2009 ones and saw the varied subjects.
And the varied angles too.
Love the variety..
My fav definitely is pic _DSC5447.jpg, the 2nd last one.
I can imagine the awe of the explosion, the lights, and the smell from the smoke!!

And i realized too you changed the ISO settings a lot..

Very good photography, really look like a pro to me. Lots to learn from you too. How do you manage to take the NDP 2009 pictures so close-up ? Did you use a zoom len and at what length was it taken ? Must be from a good position or else you can never capture the President and the guard so clear and close.

Thanks RickyMoney. I used a 70-200 mm zoom with 1.4 teleconverter. On an FX body, it's about the same as using the same lens on DX.

I sneaked to the front :bsmilie:

Great set of pictures!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was looking through the 2009 ones and saw the varied subjects.
And the varied angles too.
Love the variety..
My fav definitely is pic _DSC5447.jpg, the 2nd last one.
I can imagine the awe of the explosion, the lights, and the smell from the smoke!!

And i realized too you changed the ISO settings a lot..

Thanks drechohead. _DSC5447.jpg was shot using wide angle at near ground level.

I use Auto ISO and let the camera to decide on exposure so I can concentrate on composition. Nowadays, cameras are so smart. I plan play with aperture and/or exposure and still get a decent shot.

Thanks drechohead. _DSC5447.jpg was shot using wide angle at near ground level.

I use Auto ISO and let the camera to decide on exposure so I can concentrate on composition. Nowadays, cameras are so smart. I plan play with aperture and/or exposure and still get a decent shot.

Yes, its a really great pic..
My 3+ daughter was saying "Singapore's Birthday" when she saw the pic!! ;)

Ohhh!!
I was thinking: "It must be difficult to keep adjusting ISO while shooting.."
Ignorant of me!!
But they're all great shots nonetheless!! :thumbsup:

Yes, its a really great pic..
My 3+ daughter was saying "Singapore's Birthday" when she saw the pic!! ;)

Ohhh!!
I was thinking: "It must be difficult to keep adjusting ISO while shooting.."
Ignorant of me!!
But they're all great shots nonetheless!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear your daughter likes the photo, probably more gratifying than from any photographers :bsmilie:.

Nowadays, cameras can easily go up to ISO 3200 and beyond with very usable images, Auto ISO is a great tool. In event shoots like this, I don't have time to juggle all the settings and try to catch the moments at the same time. I think the important thing nowadays is learn how the camera thinks and dial exposure compensation on-the-fly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.