NDP 2005 rehearsal at Padang started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony.phua

Oct 16, 2002
East
Visit site
Hi

Does anyone know if the NDP rehearsals have started at Padang? Would love to go down to take pics.

Anthony

djork said:
uh? so any idea when's the rehearsals?

if i am not wrong, i read in newspaper that the vehicles practice is at tuas somewhere... think near to the 2nd link ...

correct me if i am wrong..

hehe yeah can't imagine if they have to block the road in front of the padang everytime just for practice at night..

djork said:
hehe yeah can't imagine if they have to block the road in front of the padang everytime just for practice at night..

i think they used to block the surrounding road to practice last time..

my house is jus near to 1 SIR and they park the vehicles there then drove to padang by nicoll highway..

till now haven see them... or maybe they change their holding ground to other place ?? :think:

Luval said:
no .. not yet ... i m in the army .. so dun bother going down and try ur luck.. cos we have the timing..

hey luval, perhaps you could be so kind to share with us what the timing is? rather than just tell us that there's a timing, which is obviously so.

the first rehearsals at padang will be on the 25th...2 wks later...on a saturday afternoon. they will most probably close the surrounding roads from late noon onwards. holding area is most probably beach road camp and marina promenade.

erm... my ncc boys have started to go there to do their recce already ??? every saturday also go ? lol...

recce for?
ncc boys recce the area instead of army boys?
afaik all the participants are having rehearsals at nee soon camp currently...

pass by padang a few days ago...they are starting to build the stage and the seats already...look pretty impressive...can go there to take a few shots...

Ayumi said:
recce for?
ncc boys recce the area instead of army boys?
afaik all the participants are having rehearsals at nee soon camp currently...

pass by padang a few days ago...they are starting to build the stage and the seats already...look pretty impressive...can go there to take a few shots...

oh.. maybe they went to nee soon lor... darn them la.. lol.... no la.. not recce area for NDP.... last time i performed there was like we will go to national stadium every saturday for rehearsals.. those were the days...

lol.... the thing i anticipate alot during ndp is... fireworks. and nothing else... hahahahaa....... and erm..... fireworks... haha

Sehsuan is right ,, even if i tell you the timing .. you can forget coming close to the reharsal .. cos all are pass holder , including me ..

k3nn3th03 said:
i think they used to block the surrounding road to practice last time..

my house is jus near to 1 SIR and they park the vehicles there then drove to padang by nicoll highway..

till now haven see them... or maybe they change their holding ground to other place ?? :think:

I took part in the 2000 mobile column. The holding area for all vehicles is the huge carpark near stadium. Beside Leisure Dome.

Most practices are done at Tuas but they should be doing the actual thing very soon. Maybe this weekend.

afbug said:
I took part in the 2000 mobile column. The holding area for all vehicles is the huge carpark near stadium. Beside Leisure Dome.

Most practices are done at Tuas but they should be doing the actual thing very soon. Maybe this weekend.
If I can recall from the 2000 NDP, the mobile column vehicles were all lined up along Nicoll Highway rite? Just beside Suntec that stretch of highway. Awesome sight man.

I was in the 1995 NDP Mobile Column. Practising are currently at Tuas during the weekend. We should be able to see the actual rehearsal at Padang from July.

Status
Not open for further replies.