NDP 2004 - Rehearsal on 10 July 04 (spoiler alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I attended the ccombined rehearsal yesterday and enjoyed myself. Below are some of the highlights. Most of the pics are taken with the 70-200F4L with 1.4x tele, at ISO 800. It's my first real test of the 20-200 F4L with the Kenko Pro 300 tele and I have to say that I'm not disappointed.

Sharon Au urging the crowd on:
sIMG_5371.jpg

Gurmit leading the spectators:
sIMG_5427.jpg

Cheerleaders!
sIMG_5392.jpg

The parachuters!
sIMG_5479.jpg

abit OT... how come they never get channel U artistes?

Hi can reveal your set up??
Like Digital or Film? ISO setting? Most importantly tripod used? Cos the last time I went, no place to set up tripod and using superzoom and ISO 200 Film will result in blur photos due to shakey hand. Esp for pictures during the main event after sunset. very blur....

I was using Canon 300D. Settings are generally ISO800 (some at ISO1600), aperture 5.6 (I shot wide open most of the time) and 448mm efective telephoto (after taking into account the cropping factor). No tripod or monopod was used. A monopod could help stablise the shots especially in the late evening. There're some people with tripods.

In the later part of the evening, I used 24-85 lens.

taker said:
Nice photos, hehe, be prepared as someone is going to say "It's a chargeable offense" to post NDP photos blah blah blah.... ;)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=81944&highlight=syf

Maybe it's not allowed for photographers with media/official passes but for spectators, I guess it's ok. :dunno:

mpenza said:
Maybe it's not allowed for photographers with media/official passes but for spectators, I guess it's ok. :dunno:

oh oh... if it's an offence, i think i better start removing my pics also.

karwing said:
oh oh... if it's an offence, i think i better start removing my pics also.
I don't think its an offence.

1) The spectators for the rehearsal did not sign any forms pertaining to the release of photographs
2) The tickets itself did not have any ruiling against photography and anything pertaining to the release of photographs of the rehearsal

Thus we can all kick whatever 'chargable offense' there may be aside as there's no single rule governing spectators. That may be the case for official photographers with passes as there's an order from the Exco, but doesn't apply to spectators. :)

Still, it may be a good idea to indicate the word 'spoiler' for the posting of NDP photos so as to alert all those who're going to the parade on the preview and actual day.

Trust me.

mpenza said:
I attended the ccombined rehearsal yesterday and enjoyed myself. Below are some of the highlights. Most of the pics are taken with the 70-200F4L with 1.4x tele, at ISO 800. It's my first real test of the 20-200 F4L with the Kenko Pro 300 tele and I have to say that I'm not disappointed.

wow! new lens alert! 20-200 F4L... :D

good to see you enjoyed yourself :)

mpenza,

wah!!! nice shots :D

heheheheh

too bad somehow couldn't post mine :( (somehow CS seems to 'forget me', everytime i click on new thread, and after typing, it will prompt me for login again, even though i logged in many times...cleared my cache, and cookies and all that stuff and retried...just couldn't :dunno: )

but i did send that little girl with her mum at the back of me their pictures liao :D

Wai, yur turn :D

The commando shot is good, i wonder if they use any tape or glue to prevent the beret from falling off their head.

plsoong said:
mpenza,

wah!!! nice shots

heheheheh

too bad somehow couldn't post mine (somehow CS seems to 'forget me', everytime i click on new thread, and after typing, it will prompt me for login again, even though i logged in many times...cleared my cache, and cookies and all that stuff and retried...just couldn't )

but i did send that little girl with her mum at the back of me their pictures liao

Wai, yur turn :D

Thanks, plsoong :)

sounds like a weird problem. maybe you'll want to check with Edmund or Darren. Would be great if you could share your pics :) Would love to see all the pics of the spectators that you captured.

dont mind me commenting, but the photos are all pretty soft. Just wondering issit due to the teleconvertor or just the plain old handshake. COmpositions were good though.

thanks marcwang. really soft? could be a combination of both factors. I'll go back and check out the original pics and perhaps post 100% crops.

Status
Not open for further replies.