Ndp 03 fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizzy

May 18, 2002
Bedok South
www.flickr.com
Overall, had a bad session. Bad composition, bad exposure. Oh well. A learning experience. Will know not to repeat them for the next 2.

Here goes... Just for your viewing pleasure. Could be a looooot better.

aab.sized.jpg

aac.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

aae.sized.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

Nice .. care to share ur exposure n aperature? film?

Hey your shots like mine hor..haha, its as if we took the exact same timings on different cameras! ;)

Nice shots! At least your stadium is clear!

Originally posted by KSeet
Hey your shots like mine hor..haha, its as if we took the exact same timings on different cameras! ;)

Nice shots! At least your stadium is clear!

You were at Tanjong Rhu hor..seems like a better angle..

Not a bad attempt but Yah, maybe you can try reducing the exposure. I've seen some nice shots by other Clubsnappers b4. Maybe can get tips from them.

I think 1 big prob is the sky (and water) is almost completely dark while the lights and fireworks are bright. The exposure difference is too great. But this is something we can't control. Had they fired the fireworks much earlier, the colours will be much more dramatic.

Incidentally, not sure if it's right, but I notice chromatic aberration in the images. But this is inherent in most if not all compact or prosumer digicams under such lighting conditions. You probably will probably get 'cleaner' images if u use a DSLR.

so... 1 stop lower exposure perhaps?

i could use my half nd 4 filter. So the water will be the same, while the top part, the building and fireworks will be 2 stops lower.

not sure if thats purple fringing or not. Cos the lights were purple . The stadium lights and the light on top were purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.