ND500 filter

I gotten 1 a few weeks ago. No uneven colour casting as compared to B+W 110ND filter.
Shipping is slightly slow though.. takes about 2 weeks.

Its colour casting.. not vignetting.

B+W ND110

I’ve had one of these and the color cast was horrific. It rendered all warm colors with a magenta cast that was impossible to correct in post processing. Unless you’re doing black and white photography, I wouldn’t recommend this filter.

Taken from below link:
http://www.hougaardmalan.com/blog/?cat=16

Pretty sure there are some more posts about this if you all google about it. I had a few shots with this issue as well.

He makes it sound so bad... I think the colour cast is quite correctable in raw.

its an interesting comparison nonetheless.. To me the warm cast from the ND110 is no worse than the blue cast by the Big Stopper, although I can't say which would be easier to remove in PP. I must say the Hoya ND400 looks fantastic in comparison though... seems to be the most neutral of the three to me.

The color cast is not as serious as it sounds... the last batch of big stopper do have a really bad blue cast, but i think the current batch are ok... at least mine is ok... the ND110 warm cast is not as obvious as i can remember.... seems quite neutral to me...

i would prefer the 10 stop... 1 stop is a lot in LE... the ND110 is quite readily available nowadays and only slightly more expensive....

angkukueh said:
Its colour casting.. not vignetting.

Taken from below link:
http://www.hougaardmalan.com/blog/?cat=16

Pretty sure there are some more posts about this if you all google about it. I had a few shots with this issue as well.

You said uneven color cast, I took that to mean that the cast is unevenly distributed.. Which is unheard of even with Tianya ND..

The cast is not that bad lor... Yellow, because of IR leakage.. Big stopper also blue cast.. Just shoot in raw and find a white point.. Frothy water is near white, same for clouds..

Last edited:
an example, lucky still in my HD:
5785764949_1752b0ed15_z.jpg

That's not due to the filter, I kena a few times also when I forgot to cover the viewfinder. Anyway, your sensor is crying out for a clean already. :bsmilie:

no samples from the LCW?