ND Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_fisto

May 25, 2005
At home
Need some help here. I'm shooting long exposure shots in the day using NDX 4 filter, but the pictures are still too bright. I've reduced the ISO to the lowest, lower the max negative exposure compensation, its still too bright. What other NDX filters should I get? BTW I'm not using DSLR.

Yup I tried that, still too bright.

What do you mean too bright?

What kind of long exposure you are shooting?
NDX4 is only cut down 2 stops, you can add a PL filter (if you have it) for another 2 stops or else get a NDX8 for cut down 3 stops. if still not eought can get a NDX400 to cut down 9 stops.

Hope this help.

Trying to take people walking in the day to get that image blur effect. Anyway for for the info, will try again.

Max is F8 only, using compact cameras

kit_fisto said:
Need some help here. I'm shooting long exposure shots in the day using NDX 4 filter, but the pictures are still too bright. I've reduced the ISO to the lowest, lower the max negative exposure compensation, its still too bright. What other NDX filters should I get? BTW I'm not using DSLR.
then is abit difficult. becos yr ap. is F8.
else can try stacking 2x ND8 or 3x ND8...

ND4 only useful for normal shoots landscape/or waterfalls...(depending on situation)

I deleted those photos already. i'll try stacking 2 ND8 and see what i can get. thanks guys

blur walking people during daytime depends on the distance of the subject to your camera too...
if they(ie. the people) are near, dont have to expose for too long....
expose too long they will just disappear from the pic...

bright.
how long is the shutter speed set at?

even 1/10 can capture the motion blur.
If the shutter too long, the people might just disappear from the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.