ND filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGdUb

Apr 24, 2006
i plan to get a ND filter as my fujifilm e900 camera can only close down to f8 and i find its not enough. i read up there is ND2, 4 and 8. in sg night lighting conditions, which one would be good? is 43mm screw size common? thanks. :D

2x cut down 1 stop
4x cut down 2 stops
8x cut down 3 stops

depend how many stops you want to cut down (the most), and get the filter you want.

thanks. the stop part is where i'm confused. 2x means half the amount of light entering, and hence prolonging the shutter speed by 2 times (e.g. 8 secs to 16 secs)?

You can stack the filters, but must check if the stacking cause vignette or not lah.Different lens will have different tolerance in filter stacking:)

thanks. the stop part is where i'm confused. 2x means half the amount of light entering, and hence prolonging the shutter speed by 2 times (e.g. 8 secs to 16 secs)?
yes,

8 sec to 16 sec is 2 times = 1 stop
8 sec to 32 sec is 4 times = 2 stops

i plan to get a ND filter as my fujifilm e900 camera can only close down to f8 and i find its not enough. i read up there is ND2, 4 and 8. in sg night lighting conditions, which one would be good? is 43mm screw size common? thanks. :D

Get the whole set from Lee Filters or Tian Ya then no need to worry ;)

oh...how much will that cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.