NBA - Jeremy Lin

Tango Wasp

Jul 31, 2007
The last time I woke up early to watch NBA games was when players like Larry Bird, then Michael Jordan, were playing.

Today, it is so refreshing to see a player like Jeremy Lin playing with confidence, foucs, without airs and no tattoo (none seen). Amazing!

erm. Whats wrong with tattoo?

Have not watched NBA in years after all the focus on athleticism i.e. players like LeBron, Wade etc.
Much prefer the 90s NBA with guys like MJ, Pip, Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Rodman etc.

only time will tell whether he becomes like one of the other players.

but hopefully he doesn't. here's a good point: Islam and Christianity frown upon having Tattoos (pretty much sure that's the case)

too many American players are showing off their tats and being proud of their ink. and their behavior off-court is terrible. and yet they can proudly declare their religion too.

having Jeremy Lin in the NBA, shows a very good example to Christians and other religions out there how to live humbly, without flaunting anything.

[video=youtube;UPK7XdAfZbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPK7XdAfZbY[/video]

I feel he is a Larry Bird type of player.

Knicks are now 5-0 with Melo and Amare not in the lineup. :)

jeremy lin is a hero :)

ESPN editor Anthony Federico was fired on Sunday for using "chink in the armor" in a headline about Knicks player Jeremy Lin.

For those who do not know, "chink" is a racial slur on Chinese people used by Caucasians/Amercians. Like they used to call Afro-Amercian blacks "nigger".
Now they cannot do so. They got a black President.

"Chink in the armour" is a proper English phrase, meaning a weak link in the chain mail that medieval knights used to wear. So it may or may not have been accidental usage of the phrase.

Sports commentators have said what is so special about J Lin? Black players have been winning games for so long.

J Lin is different from the usual Afro-American black basketball player because he is shorter and is a Harvard Graduate.

Show me 1 Afro-Amercian black basketball star who is a Harvard graduate.

Bu the winning streak may not last.

After the tall Chinese player Yang Ming left, J Lin is probably what PRC and Taiwan TV viewers are looking for.

To the USA sports networks bosses, they know what this means. Large overseas viewership (just think of PRC's population) and fan base means $$$$$. So they want this to continue.

Last edited:
Lin's best friend on the Knicks, Landry Fields is mixed (black+white) and is from Stanford. Close enough?

And it's Yao Ming, not Yang Ming.

for a chinese guy to break onto the scene like that, of course everyone's hyped up.

They need to admit that they needed this to win back the fans esp asian telecast because of the mess that nba has created, for me.....EPL anytime :)