Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus jACK

Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
Singapore (Kallang)
NBA finals time...

quick poll of the bball fans here - Spurs or Pistons? and in how many games?

pls, no placing of bets / wagers (money, photographic equipment or otherwise), hor!!!

spurs to win in 6 games. 4-2

go go go pistons.

ParkertR said:
Spurs 4-2 or even better, 5-1!!! Go spurs!!!
Best of seven need to go till 5-1 meh? :think:
Anyway GO PISTON GO

Spurs is the better team by 4 games to 2 :thumbsup:

If Timmy remains healthy and both Manu and TP remain consistent, Spurs should win. If we watch how they played at both ends of the court during the Spurs-Suns series, we must be reminded how versatile the team is. Detriot is less consistent in the series with Heats. If D. Wade has not been injured, we could be seeing a Spurs-Heats Finals now. My favorite team is Rockets but unfortunately I have to say that Spurs is the superior team and the more consistent team so far in the playoffs.
However, Piston is a very emotional driven team and I see them giving a tough fight (I hope). So, Spurs in 7.

Here is a more even headed analysis
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3672536

quite a number of NBA fans here!! :thumbsup:

i like the intensity of ben and rasheed wallace, but tim duncan gets my vote for MVP (not trying to take anything away from steve nash)

anyone taking leave on friday (am) to watch game 1?... or mc?

If I am not wrong, the criteria for the Finals MVP is
(1) The player must be from winning team
(2) The player must have the most points scored.

So last year, the MVP was Chauncey Billups of Detroit

Steve Nash is the regular season MVP or the Maurice Podoloff Trophy -named after the first commissioner of the NBA. It is the more prestigous of MVP award . The winner is selected by a panel of judges of 127 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada.

Pinoy_SAP said:
oops, yeah nash has moved out. still duncan, ginobili and parker are a trio to beat. ;)
not forgetting robert "sleepy" horry and bruce "careful your ankle doesn't roll over my foot" bowen!! :thumbsup:

nashed moved from the dallas mavs to the suns (incidentally, the suns beat the mavs earlier in the play-offs), but i think that spurs had salery cap to consider a big free agent signing like nash. however, he finally signing with the suns... and as awarded the league MVP after turning the suns around from one of the jokes in the NBA to one of the most successful and exciting teams to watch in the NBA!! :thumbsup:

Spurs is the team to beat. Duncan makes the team better and Spurs have both the defensive and offensive ability. You look at how they outrun and outscore Suns and really admire how great the team is.

Also, popovich have moulded the team over the past 7 years or so ince Duncan 1st came in and added key players like Ginobili and Parker plus veterens like Horry, Barry etc. On the other hand, Brown basically takes what Rick Carlisle left behind, add Rasheed wallace and better defensive play and win at Lakers last year. Moreover the win at lakers can be seen more as a Lakers' internal combustion!

Status
Not open for further replies.