Navy Open House 2013

Are DSLRs allowed on board?

Yes, DSLR is allowed onboard the RSS Intrepid.

It is a small public relation campaign for the upcoming 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House in May.

I've included the dates for the open house in May in my blog post.

2013 MAR RSS Intrepid, Vivocity, Singapore

HTH.

Last edited:
The official Navy Open House on 18-19 May will be at Changi Naval Base :)

67931_513585988705591_1544341111_n.jpg

It has been two weeks since Navy@Vivo and we’re already missing the fun and excitement! For those of you who missed the chance to go on board our frigate, RSS Intrepid during Navy@Vivo, don’t worry, we promise a lot more ships at Navy Open House for you to check out. So stay tuned on this page as we unveil more details along the way.

Mark your calendars, people. The action is coming!

Event: 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House
Date: 18 (Sat) -19 (Sun) May 2013
Venue: Changi Naval Base

About

Navy Open House 2013 will be held from 18 - 19 May 2013 at Changi Naval Base.
Come on down for a fun-filled day of activities, visit and ride on our ships!

Description

Take the helm, man the guns, visit the ship’s bridge – get a sense of what life’s really like on the high seas. For a day, you’ll be in command. Live the action on our ships and embark on a real, hands-on Navy experience. Ready to roll with the waves?

Hop on board this 18 - 19 May for an experience you'll never forget!

9am to 7pm (18 - 19 May 2013: Public days)

Entry is by shuttle bus only.

Buses are available from Singapore Expo Hall 3 from 8.30am to 4.30pm

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/navyopenhouse/home.html

http://www.facebook.com/singaporenavy

Last edited:
Just some photos to share of what to expect for next weekend, 2013 Republic of Singapore Navy Open House, Changi Naval Base.

RSN has invited foreign ships to be part of this year open house.

Even foreign warships will be participating in this year's NOH. Look out for Australia's patrol boat (the HMAS Bathurst), India's Frigate and Corvette (the INS Satpura and INS Kirch), Indonesia's Corvette and Fast Missile Boat (the KRI Fran Kaisepo and KRI Kujang) and the United States' Littoral Combat Ship (the USS Freedom).

2013 MAY Republic of Singapore Navy Open House, Changi Naval Base, Singapore | xtemujin 360°Resources, Singapore

Last edited:
Not going. Because of 3 things.

1) On a weekend which means everyone will be squeezing for the 2 day event.

2) The tour queue will be bloody long.

3) The security check queue will also be super long.

Should give thursday and friday also or the whole week so that the crowds would be more manageable and the visitors have a more fun time even if only left some of the attractions.

Should give thursday and friday also or the whole week so that the crowds would be more manageable and the visitors have a more fun time even if only left some of the attractions.

Thursday and fridays are for school students

I have went there before.

Unlike the Air force open house, the queue is much faster due to the large number of security counters and buses.

Once you clear the security at the Expo, you just need to wait for the buses, which comes at 2-3 mins interval.

I remember previously, I have to go there on both Saturday and Sunday because there is bad weather on Saturday and miss a lot of photo opportunities.

Hopefully this time, I can get whatever I want on Saturday and have a good rest.

Thursday and fridays are for school students

Them and etc. The Open House looked quite empty until the shows started.

Anyway, good luck to those going.

I have went there this afternoon, the queue is super long but fast moving.
Every minute there are 2 buses that came and pick up the passengers.

I also got a chance to see US, Malaysia and India Navy ships.
The returning trip is also quite fast. 5 buses came and pick up the passengers every 2-3 mins

Last edited:
yeah..i went too...

for those who going..

drink water...so u wont get dizzy...
wear berms..but try to wear shoes..cos boarding the ship can be tricky...(i wore slippers...duh..)
dun wear white berms...mine got dirtied..from parts of the ships..and occasional babies/kids shoes when they cries...(sad but true..they do kick around..)
fisheyes can be useful..if u wanna shap the action..(boarding ships etc...bring zoom lenses...kit lenses also good...macro if u wanna snap those details inside the ship..but nothing much..cos..behind u will be pple rushing u...haha..

oh yeah....the security check point at expo hall 3...
advice....dump all ur stuff in ur camera bag...i mean everything...wallet/coins/handphones..keys...
just declare ur wearing a metal buckle belt.....THIS SECURITY CHECK ALREADY TOOK LIKE 1 HOUR..from the long queue..security...the ZIGZAG queue to the buses..another 10-15 mins ride to the naval base....O_O

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;gldibq6h1aE]http://youtu.be/gldibq6h1aE[/video]

We did not win any ballot for the battleship cruises, but we thought FCU is a good experience :)
More photos on our blog.