Naughty by Nature gets fined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! My wife and I were also prevented to leave until I threatened to throw furniture and break things in the place. :thumbsup:

They deserved it. Wish the punishment could be harsher to prevent more businesses from doing such. I slammed the phone without saying a thing when they called me the other time. :bsmilie:

So when is that camera shop at Peninsula Plaza getting shut down? Must be 200+ cases filed against it by now.

It's one thing for the company to have no integrity. It's another thing when employees themselves lose their integrity because the company demands so.

finally! but i doubt it's of any use, 1 down, just register another

I dun think they are fined, just given some "warnings" from the court. Anyway, pressure selling is not new and CASE like just woke up recently to look into this. CASE should conduct more education to public on pressure selling so no more victims will fall into this, better than spending money to give "warnings".

Yeah! My wife and I were also prevented to leave until I threatened to throw furniture and break things in the place. :thumbsup:

I generally don't trust the local media's reporting... but if what they write is true, it is apparently ok with CASE and the courts to detain female customers for up to an hour? Someone, please tell me that this is MedioCrap misreporting. Otherwise, they'll allow kidnapping next, as long as it benefits the economy?

I generally don't trust the local media's reporting... but if what they write is true, it is apparently ok with CASE and the courts to detain female customers for up to an hour? Someone, please tell me that this is MedioCrap misreporting. Otherwise, they'll allow kidnapping next, as long as it benefits the economy?

I think it is only when you accept their offer, then they are allowed one hour to persuade you to buy their package....although this has to be clearly stated before you partake in any shoot at all...this is not kidnapping but conditions for acceptance...this is like those time share companies who promise you a free gift if you stay for a stipulated period of time...perfectly legal tho...because my bro-in-law used to take advantage of the free gift thingy as he used to have lots of free time and had benefited from cash vouchers/free gifts gained through this way...

Now that they had agreed to the authority not to trap women, does that imply they can trap men? Oh my, i hope it does not turn into a gay club with free scrub.

If they do not have 60min, they can do it in 45min or 30min. Sales strategies are easy to redesign.

I guess NBN will not feel sorry for what they did. It is their mission to torture and squeeze. But they did not do it at knife or gun point, so they are walking along the grey zone of the law. Just like times share. You cannot stop them as they can manifest into varied forms.

Their focus is also overseas market and i am sure they will succeed everywhere they go.

No fine nor any punishment.... not even a warning..... its just a reminder to be not so aggressive in their sales tactics. They are even told they can detain customers as long as less than an hour....

No la, they were not told that they can detain customers for 1 hour.

It is their boss saying that now they'll limit their promotion talk to 1 hour.

Nobody has a right to detain anyone under the law...if you walk off and they stop you, you can call in the police.

Then again...there're no free lunches, people who go for such deals should have expected some kinda sales talk and pressuring.

It is their boss saying that now they'll limit their promotion talk to 1 hour.

Nobody has a right to detain anyone under the law...if you walk off and they stop you, you can call in the police.

Then again...there're no free lunches, people who go for such deals should have expected some kinda sales talk and pressuring.

Hah no.. I believe you go in, they take the shots, then they start the hard sells...

MedioCrap said:
The firm is also not allowed to “detain” any female customer for more than an hour.

Ok, the MedioCrap quote doesn't actually say anything about detaining people for less than an hour... but still it makes me wonder. See also the report elsewhere in this thread about being hindered to leave. I don't think unlawful detainment is a petty crime in Singapore.

btw, the name Naughty by Nature is a rip-off.. :thumbsd:

So when is that camera shop at Peninsula Plaza getting shut down? Must be 200+ cases filed against it by now.

somehow.. that shop dont force you to buy.. only can blame oneself..

To me, those who fall for the "FREEEEEEE" trap, well honestly, they also had it coming. I don't think I could be THAT fortunate in life to get a phone call telling me I get free this and free that.

Where got people run business by giving out things for free one? How to survive? Sure got catch one, lah.

Some marketing gimmicks really give free stuff. I had once received a flyer (bookmark style) with a real coin sealed onto it. The key is, it makes people want to read its content. instead of spending on a nice ribbon, a free 5c coin is more eye catching

Giving away free things is a graceful gesture, but trapping subjects in an enclosed premise (with security guard) is another.

I wonder why Case need several hundreds of complains before they took notice. Is free consultancy that insignificance compared to their paid job? If it is, why bother to form CASE?

can the shop really do that kind of stuff? can report to police, will police take action or ask you to go to case?

Status
Not open for further replies.