nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnauzier

Aug 8, 2008
Punggol Drive
hi everyone,
im new in this forum and im new to photography too, infact very very new, juz bought a
canon 450D sometimes last week and have going around to shoot pictures, trying out and understand more abt my new toy, so here's 1 photo i've taken from seaside and i need some comments, advices for improvement...:)

pic no.1
8a070328.jpg

please advice and thanks in advance!!~~;)

Last edited:
1st advice - please read the guidelines.
Then you can get more advices.

Thanks

oppps...im really very sorry, how can i remove those pics since we're only allowed to post one pic per week, and also how do i resize it to the size that is allowed? btw are u a bot or wat?

There's the EDIT button at the bottom right corner of your 1st post.
Please do the necessary.

No am not a bot. A newbie, just like you. :)

ok done...i hope i did it right this time...:)
ready to advice or comments?

Thanks. Lesson #1 learnt there.

Coincidentally, I've been to this place too:

Click for larger image

See the difference, whats the difference?

1- I know there are the poles sticking out all over the place, but you had yours right smack in front of you. Thats a distraction to me.
2- Were you standing while taking this? I had placed my camera on the floor, tilted at an angle up, just managed to get the tip of the poles.
3- Mild colours - what time was it taken? I had mine taken after 7pm - the golden minutes some say - but then again, I'd prefer vivid colours to mild.
4- If I were you, I'd crop away the left half of this photo and get only the right half as a portrait, and some post process.

Thats all for now.
Lets wait up for others.

Last edited:
8a07032811mw5.jpg

Thats done in Picasa - takes me less than 5 min.
I hope you dont mind me adding some light touches to it.

Strong artifacts present around the poles. ;)

I noticed that too hehehe... overdone with the sharpening process, my mmistake but hopefully he got the idea.

Check around the sides for distracting elements, eg. stray elbows. etc...

Might not be easy to spot through the viewfinder, but at least crop them away later on.

And as mentioned, the light is a bit too dull.

2 questions which i think you should be repeating to urself before shooting.
1) Have you tried squating down while taking down this scene? (remember usually the lower the better.)
2) Did you move yourself to the extreme right or left of the planks?

I would not comment on the colours, which i believe at times, we do not enjoy the luxury of time of getting to the golden mins. BUt i do think that composition can be improved here. Sometimes, landscape would work, sometimes portrait would work and sometimes diagonals work as well* (though this is not very frequent) but since the camera is with you, try everything.

Thanks. Lesson #1 learnt there.

Coincidentally, I've been to this place too:

Click for larger image

See the difference, whats the difference?

1- I know there are the poles sticking out all over the place, but you had yours right smack in front of you. Thats a distraction to me.
2- Were you standing while taking this? I had placed my camera on the floor, tilted at an angle up, just managed to get the tip of the poles.
3- Mild colours - what time was it taken? I had mine taken after 7pm - the golden minutes some say - but then again, I'd prefer vivid colours to mild.
4- If I were you, I'd crop away the left half of this photo and get only the right half as a portrait, and some post process.

Thats all for now.
Lets wait up for others.
...this is so uncool.

...this is so uncool.

I don't think this is uncool, cheguthamrin bother to take his time to input how he feel about the pic.

To me this is a very good way to learn thru C&C, I picked up some tips here too.

This is a critique section don't forget!

theres loads of potential here so i thought i'll give it a try :)

tell me if you want it removed, perhaps a square crop would help

52358471uh1.jpg

PS: the artefacts are ebil!

Status
Not open for further replies.