Nature Photography Workshop by NPS(S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaturePhotoG

Feb 6, 2002
Australia
The Nature Photographic Society (Singapore) have organised a Nature Photography workshop by well established Nature Photographer Joe and Mary Ann McDonalds. To find out more, please click here

Alex Yap
President 2003 NPS(S)

This is definately not to be missed. I will be attending, worth the money. Just some background of Joe and Mary Ann:

Joe McDonald has photographed wildlife and nature professionally for over thirty-five years, his work has appeared in every major natural history magazine published, these include Ranger Rick, National Wildlife, Birder's World, Wildlife Conservation, Time and Newsweek, to name a few. His photos are regularly selected for inclusion in the World Wildlife and calendars, as well as regularly appearing in books and field guides which contain wildlife and nature images.

Joe has written six books among which are, 'A Practical Guide to Photographing American Wildlife', 'The Wildlife Photographer's Field Manual' and 'The Complete Guide to Wildlife Photography'.

Joe has won many photography awards including the a 2nd place in the prestigious BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition in the category of 'The World in Our Hands'. In 1999, one of Joe's wolf images was selected by the US Postal Service to be included as a .33 cent stamp in the Arctic Animal series.

Mary Ann has been photographing professionally for fifteen years. After attending a photo workshop on wildlife photography given by Joe, she decided to leave her medical research career and devote her life to this challenging, competitive field. Since then Mary Ann has been published in many of the natural history magazines and calendars as well as books and field guides.

She was a duel winner in the 1994 BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition taking first place in the categories of 'Bird Behavior' and 'Endangered Species'. Since that time she has had four highly commended honors for images in different categories. Mary Ann was a also a 1st place winner in the Nature's Best photo competition in the pro division for 'Animal Antics' with a shot of rockhopper penguins entering the surf.

Together, Joe and Mary Ann have produced their first teaching video, 'A Video Guide to Photographing on Safari' and a coffee-table book on 'African Wildlife'. Jointly, they are represented by fourteen photo stock agencies including Animals Animals, Corbis, DRK Photo, BBC Nature Photo Library, and Bruce Coleman. Between tours and workshops, between 30-35 weeks of the year are occupied by these endeavors. The pair have appeared on several television programs, including a PBS special on wildlife artists and an ESPN ten week series on nature photography. Joe writes a column for 'Outdoor Photographer', they are co-authors of a column on the Joseph van Os web magazine and for the Nature Photographer's Network, and are field contributors for Nature's Best Magazine.

Why wait? Sign up now and see you then. Cheers ;)

Hi All,

I met Joe and Mary Ann in London during BBC Wildlife Photo Symposium. Look forward to seeing them again in Singapore.

This is a very good opportunity for nature photographers in Singapore to meet up with world class masters and learn about the art of nature photography. I encourage you all to attend.

regards,

JA
www.natureatwork.net

John_Nature said:
Hi All,

I met Joe and Mary Ann in London during BBC Wildlife Photo Symposium. Look forward to seeing them again in Singapore.

This is a very good opportunity for nature photographers in Singapore to meet up with world class masters and learn about the art of nature photography. I encourage you all to attend.

regards,

JA
www.natureatwork.net

Thanks John for the kind endorsement.

Hi all naturephotographers in CS. You have heard the expert John Arifin's view. So what are you waiting for? :)

Register before 31 Dec 03 to take advantage of the discount.
The registration form can be found here

The details are here:
JM Wksp.jpg.jpg

I will not miss this one, man! BTW, Steve McCurry is also coming to Singapore too(know this info from a friend). Some where around this coming December 2003.

Looks great! Would love to join but guess the time slots cannot be fixed at this point of time.... :(

Hi all fellow Clubsnappers,

Just curious to ask, any body sign up for this seminar? And is this still going on. Do reply to this post, thanks.

Me too! But no news yet from NPS(S). Do they reply to our register form cause I've posted mine few days ago.

Spectrum said:
Me too! But no news yet from NPS(S). Do they reply to our register form cause I've posted mine few days ago.

Because of the holiday season, most of the exco was on overseas leave and some on overseas home leave. As such things were a little slow, they have received the feed back and will act on it soon.

Thanks and Cheers

For the rest of the Photographers out there, this is really a value for money event, even without the early bird offers. Investment in acquiring knowledge and experience is unlike getting newer equipment and gadget, cos knowledge and experience will never depreciate in value over time. Cheers and see you all there. :)

I apologise for the slowness in responding to those who had registered. The form was sent to Graeme's home who was back in New Zealand for holidays.

Please PM me if you had sent the registration form and had not heard from us for a week. I will check up on it.

The early bird discount had been extended to 31st Jan specially for CS members. Sign up early to save $$$!

Chee Wai said:
I apologise for the slowness in responding to those who had registered. The form was sent to Graeme's home who was back in New Zealand for holidays.

Please PM me if you had sent the registration form and had not heard from us for a week. I will check up on it.

The early bird discount had been extended to 31st Jan specially for CS members. Sign up early to save $$$!

Upz..
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :gbounce:

Chee Wai said:

Should I mention in the registration form that I am a CS member ?

Thanks

Siddhi said:
Should I mention in the registration form that I am a CS member ?

Thanks

No need, we presume you saw the notice on CS forum if you tick on the $108 box.

Xmen: PM me for cash payment.

Hurry! Left 3 days for early bird discount. We don't intend to extend it longer.

Chee Wai said:
No need, we presume you saw the notice on CS forum if you tick on the $108 box.

Xmen: PM me for cash payment.

Hurry! Left 3 days for early bird discount. We don't intend to extend it longer.

Hi,

Are there any vacanies left?

Mike

Mike_brown said:
Hi,

Are there any vacanies left?

Mike

Yes, there are vacancies. You can even sign up on that morning (3rd April) but all registrations are at $120 per participant.

Last reminder to those keen to join in the workshop.

The session on Sat (3rd April) will start at 1pm. The session on Sun will start at 9am. You can sign up on Sat before 12:30pm if you can't decide.

The venue will be Neptune Room (level 19) of Novotel Apollo Hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.