nature photography session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shien

Dec 20, 2003
Serangoon
hi first of all . like to apologise if i didnt follow any etiquette u might have on organizing outings my first day here. If there is anything let me know and i'll be sure to abide by it in the future. thanks.

Felt like going down ubin/sungei buloh or any of these wetlands to get some shots of some wetland wildlife. im total beginner. dun even know how to load film until 2 hours ago. but now i know. Anyone interested? can just drop me a pm or sms 90041042 thanks. ! best if go later or tomorrow .

Hi,

I'm off from work the whole of next week, and Sungai Buloh sounds good. But timing wise, not sure if we can catch any migratory birds this time of the year. Even if we do, we've gotta get there very early in the morning (probably 5 ~ 6 am).

I'm keen, but lack sufficient equipments to do any sophisticated close-ups. Wide-angle yes.

Will be up to KL this weekend, back on Sunday evening. PM me if you wish to proceed next week.

Cheers!

-WK

Hi,

I am a volunteer nature guide with the Buloh nature reserve. If you are looking for migratory birds, this is the best time to go. You have upto end Jan to see them. But the recent bad weather is a let-down. If you do not drive, you can get there on Sundays an PHs on TIBs bus 925 from Woodlands bus interchange. It goes right to the entrance. If you go there on Mon-Sat, the bus stops at the kranji carpark only and you will need to walk around 25min to the reserve instead.

You will need a zoom lens or bino to watch the birds though. Other nature spottings are fishes, snakes, cotton stainers, St. Andrew's Cross spiders and monitor lizards (400+ of them around the park), gobies, tree climbing crabs, etc. etc.

tbteng said:
Hi,

I am a volunteer nature guide with the Buloh nature reserve. If you are looking for migratory birds, this is the best time to go. You have upto end Jan to see them. But the recent bad weather is a let-down. If you do not drive, you can get there on Sundays an PHs on TIBs bus 925 from Woodlands bus interchange. It goes right to the entrance. If you go there on Mon-Sat, the bus stops at the kranji carpark only and you will need to walk around 25min to the reserve instead.

You will need a zoom lens or bino to watch the birds though. Other nature spottings are fishes, snakes, cotton stainers, St. Andrew's Cross spiders and monitor lizards (400+ of them around the park), gobies, tree climbing crabs, etc. etc.

Any specific area at Buloh where one has a higher chance of spotting cotton stainer ?

I spotted most of the cotton stainers around route 1 which takes about roughly 45 min to 1.5 hrs to complete. Personally, I think stainers are great subjects for macro. Their bright red colors stand out from the green leaves.

Just that our eyes have to be sharp as they tend to like to stay under the leaf most of the time. :cool:

Hhmmm, will head there one of the weekdays morning next week.

Any idea what is the best time of the day?

wkcheah said:
Hhmmm, will head there one of the weekdays morning next week.

Any idea what is the best time of the day?

hey, you are going there next week? which day? how about 31st? me interested too.

As of all photography pursuits. All pictures should be taken before 10am or after 4.30pm. Weekdays are slow are Buloh so you will not have the crowds to disturb you while you are composing your shots...! :D

Anyone interested to go on 31st? Please let me know.

tbteng said:
Hi,

Hi, do i need to bring along my tripod besides the telephoto lens? hope to hear from u soon.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.