Nature Photographic Society (S) - Relaunched Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaturePhotoG

Feb 6, 2002
Australia
Dear fellow photographers,

I would like to introduce the revamped Nature Photographic Society (Singapore)'s website.

We have included our latest line up of events, workshops and course for this year. Should you have a keen interest in nature and nature photography, our society will try our best to help you out.
As part of our relaunch, we will also be opening the first competition for the year, titled "The Beauty of Nature - Vertebrae"

Please go to;
www.naturephotosociety.org.sg

Alex Yap
VP, Nature Photographic Society (S)

sounds like a nice club

we must not lose to em....
tomolo we go outing!!!!

Originally posted by NaturePhotoG
Dear fellow photographers,

I would like to introduce the revamped Nature Photographic Society (Singapore)'s website.

We have included our latest line up of events, workshops and course for this year. Should you have a keen interest in nature and nature photography, our society will try our best to help you out.

Please go to;
naturephotosociety.org.sg

Alex Yap
VP, Nature Photographic Society (S)

Hi,

Thank you for participating in clubsnap forum service.

Cross posting is not allowed in the forum. We will appreciate if it can be avoided therefore the same thread in newbie's corner will be deleted.

:)

Keito,
Thank you for your respond. I wasn't certain which section would be most appropriate. However, thanks for clarifying the situation.

Others,
Our society have been establised since late 1999, and is a fully registered club with the registry of societies. Our main objective is to gather like minded folks (in nature photography), to share experiences and help those whom have just started nature photography. With a foci on nature, you would be able to tap into guidances from our mentors and senior photographers on techniques with various equipment such as fill flash, macrophotography and super telephotos, as well as niche area where it would be normally overlooked.

Regards,
Alex Yap
VP, NPS(S)

P.S. Hi Darren, haven't heard from you for a while, how was your trip?

Hi Alex, congratuate for the launching of NPS official website.

But is there something wrong with the server? The page does not load.

i am not able to ping your site, either the server was down or it was protected by firewall.

The server was down for a short time. Glad to say its up again
:D

Hi Alex, great to hear from you guys again.

Will definitely try to join those planned activities.

BTW, recently I went to the Sentosa Butterfly park. It was a great disappointment. And its really small. Dun think it can hold a big group of photographers...and much less so with tripods.

hmm, apparently no bandwidth to overseas surfers... doesn't load at all for me.

The server was down for a short time. Glad to say its up again
:D

Vertebrae? HmMmm.... In my opinion, humans are the pretties vertebrae. Though incredibly soft considering other organism. But they can be amazingly tough at times and extremely adaptable (though most of the time we adapt the surroundings to us instead of the other way round)

P.S. Hi Darren, haven't heard from you for a while, how was your trip?

Hi Alex! Really glad to have your presence here - hope you can make some regular contributions and help out in the Nature sections :)

Errr... which trip are you referring to - been to a lot of trips since I last saw you and the NPS(S) people :D

Haven't been able to shoot as much as I wanted due to work and family commitments (and looking out, March/April will be tied up as well).

I love this...wonder how the photographer able to capture that moment when the penguin jump out of water...

3c707c70095442da.jpg

Penguin in the Falklands by Graeme Guy.
(Posted in Asian Nature Photography Forum - General Photo Discussion)

Hi Kamwai,

Nature photography has alot to do with learning the subjects behaviour. Armed with such knowledge, and lots've observation, it makes anticipating where the subject would appear, and at the most appealing (photographically speaking) moment.

Unlike events/Photojournalism/Studio photography, there is little or no chance to ever "speak" to the subject or moving them to an appropriate location to "pose" for you. They (nature) pretty much do what they like, and the best you could do is to be at the right place at the right moment.

We, at NPS(S), will try our best to bring our members to such location, both local and foreign, drawing on the experiences of our local members as well as our friends overseas to the best spot for the best shot (e.g. our forthcoming Perth Trip).

--------

Technical details for the Pengiun shot by Graeme, it was shot last month using Canon EOS D30 and EF 100-400 L IS USM.

--------

Darren,
I was referring to you recent "business trip". Managed to do some shopping?

:bsmilie:

Unlike events/Photojournalism/Studio photography, there is little or no chance to ever "speak" to the subject or moving them to an appropriate location to "pose" for you.

Hey no fair... how come my event work and PJ work I also never have the chance to speak to the subject or move them? :D :D :D

Anyway, seriously, how are things going Alex? Haven't spoken to you in ages...

Jed,

Good to hear from you too. Been pretty busy scouting out locations for the club, as well as trying to get more shots in my portfolios. Weather has been kind to me the past few outings.

Might not be in Singapore as much this year due to Business trips/Photo-Holidays ;) How is your studies going?

Nature photography has alot to do with learning the subjects behaviour. Armed with such knowledge, and lots've observation, it makes anticipating where the subject would appear, and at the most appealing (photographically speaking) moment.

I don't think my Digital camera is fast enough for this kind of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.