Natural Birds Photography

bigalex

Jan 5, 2010
Singapore
Hi all,

May I get some suggestions on where a great place can be to shoot birds in of the wlid?

I'm thinking of driving to somewhere in Singapore this Sunday. Have a 70-300mm Sigma lens.

Thanks

Hi all,

May I get some suggestions on where a great place can be to shoot birds in of the wlid?

I'm thinking of driving to somewhere in Singapore this Sunday. Have a 70-300mm Sigma lens.

Thanks

Botanical Gardens

I had that in mind... but din knw there's lotsa birds there! ;)

Hi all,

Thanks
with 300mm, you will need to do quite intensive cropping most of the time.

try searching at the World of Nature sub-forum for locations and times as quite a number of birds are seasonal.

Chinese garden and Japanese garden if they are convenient for you. The trees there are quite low, so it is quite easy to get relatively close to birds.

I have seen oriental pied hornbills, pied fantail, magpie robins, sunbirds, little egrets, herons, tailorbirds, collared kf, stock-billed kf, yellow bitten, flameback, shrikes, barbets, white-bellied eagle...

For me, I have just started, so these are sufficient to keep me entertained. I am using 55-300mm too.

I thought Sungei Buloh is suppose to be the bird sanctuary ...