Native shy young girl from sarawak

yanyanyan881

Sep 5, 2010
img1328f.jpg

Comments, Compliment and Criticism are needed!

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Overall Picture, Exposure (lightly dark on purpose), Composition

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to show a shy little girl peeking thru the windows at a foreign visitor who is myself.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Took this picture in an outskirt of kuching, Sarawak. This tribe stay in a tradition longhouse made of bamboo. Weather was highly overcast which gave a soft light everywhere.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

its a bit blur becoz of camera shake. and number tag on the left its annoying. I do get a feeling the girl is shy and curious. The windows bars and wall shows the antique house she's staying in.

i like the feel to the image... very simple, and straight to the point.

i like how the image can be spilt into 3 parts. blue door, girl and the bottom part.

but i admit, perhaps something is lacking. maybe the looks of the girl isnt as curious as it seems. and the slightblur makes the photo lack that extra lustre...

i guess its a good shot that was not meant to be haha... better luck next time

Good shot dude. Love the composition. Nicely balanced exposures. Could have been a little sharper but I still like that little bit of blur as IMHO, it adds a soft emotion to the shot. Just my thoughts... Would be great if you can title the pic differently, perhaps "Innocence in a smile?"

Cheers!

I think the composition is ok. You're right about the yellow tag "0016" on the left, you should consider removing it during PP to make a cleaner image. Exposure wise, i think its underexposed. If your aperture is already on widest then you might want to consider increasing your ISO a little further, rather it be a little grainy than suffer the effects of handshake blur. Keep shooting :)

thanks for all the comments. they are helpful. welcome more!

Puzzle with your statement, sounds like you are the TS, but different nic? :think:

oppss. double account holder spotted... and u blew his cover :eek:

hi, yes i have 2 a/cs. IE n firefox auto login into diff a/c of mine. sorry for the confusion. I dont abuse my 2 a/cs. lets stick to the original topic.

The framing is nice.

Other than that, as abovementioned the tag is a distraction, clone it out.

I assume you have added a vignette, very unneccessary. I don't quite like the soft feel to this, i feel that it might be due to motion blur or low lighting. You should sharpen it, to maintain the grunge, raw feel to such a natural shot.

Hi people,

You comments are great. Resulting in:
+ exposure to 1.52
Sharpening +62
Radius 1.0
Detail 43
Masking 0

Luminance Noise Reduction 30

iso 100 50mm f2.2 1/250
Canon 550D 50mm f1.8

Here is the original photo unedited. So as u can see my photo above is heavily cropped.

Another Photo of her and her hut unedited
I like this photo becoz it shows some unique old features of the house. The bamboo, the wall texture and the branches are so interesting that i think the attention of the girl is not that great though. But i still like it:

Welcome more comments!

Last edited:
I like it cropped! It should be in a magazine!